3 week old always crying Eli&Elliot's Mommy! 2 kids; Brooklyn, New York 2109 posts
29th Jul

My 3 week old is always crying. Diaper changes, feeding, burping, baths, holding, swaddling everything. I tried it all. Music. He just keeps crying. Is something bothering him that I don't know of?

Iyahna :^P Temecula, California 11399 posts
status 29th Jul

If you are not breast feeding maybe he is allergic to formula?Maybe a bit gassy.

Impending_Doom 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Colorado 577 posts
29th Jul

Could be a number of things. My guess would be colic or gas. You may want to talk to your pediatrician for an expert opinion on these things, though.

Elliot Grace (18 weeks) Due September 22; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 18230 posts
29th Jul

Colic probably, sorry mama... Just remember it passes

user banned 2 kids; Silly, Belgium 6539 posts
29th Jul

Try warming some olive oil in your hands and massaging it on his belly-clockwise, and working his legs like he's riding a bicycle. That usually worked for DD when nothing else would.

user banned 2 kids; Silly, Belgium 6539 posts
29th Jul
Quoting Bob Loblaw _tko_:" Try warming some olive oil in your hands and massaging it on his belly-clockwise, and working his legs like he's riding a bicycle. That usually worked for DD when nothing else would. "

Also, if you're stressed out about his crying, take a break and have someone who is calm take over for a bit while you collect yourself. You'd be amazed how much babies that young can read body language.

RyanKarlie 2 kids; Sedona, Arizona 472 posts
29th Jul

Could be a growth spurt if he started recently.
If you're formula feeding, it could be he has a problem with the brand.
Could be colic. Sucks, but it does pass. With DD it was worse at night.
If its gas bubbles, try pushing his legs like a bicycle to get some out. When they cry a lot they swallow air which can cause gas bubbles.

Eli&Elliot's Mommy! 2 kids; Brooklyn, New York 2109 posts
29th Jul
Quoting Iyahna :^P:" If you are not breast feeding maybe he is allergic to formula?Maybe a bit gassy."

We fed him this since day 1 though. Enfamil Formula.

29th Jul
Quoting Impending_Doom:" Could be a number of things. My guess would be colic or gas. You may want to talk to your pediatrician for an expert opinion on these things, though."

Definitely going to the pedi. His appointment is on Thursday.

29th Jul
Quoting Bob Loblaw _tko_:" Try warming some olive oil in your hands and massaging it on his belly-clockwise, and working his legs like he's riding a bicycle. That usually worked for DD when nothing else would. "

My mom just did this to DS. It sort of worked, as of now.

29th Jul
Quoting RyanKarlie:" Could be a growth spurt if he started recently. If you're formula feeding, it could be he has a problem ... [snip!] ... bubbles, try pushing his legs like a bicycle to get some out. When they cry a lot they swallow air which can cause gas bubbles."

He started this about a week ago. He's formula fed. He is worst at night too! I wake up every hour. I did the bicycle numerous times :cry:

29th Jul
Quoting Elliot Grace's Mama:" Colic probably, sorry mama... Just remember it passes"

Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully it will soon :?

Jeeper 1 child; Orlando, Florida 2287 posts
29th Jul

All of my friends that ff had issues with nonstop crying at about 3 weeks. It took DD about 3 weeks to start showing signs of her lactose intolerance too and she is breastfed. Babies don't always show signs of their intolerances right away. Talk to your pediatrician you may need to change formulas

29th Jul

<blockquote><b>Quoting Jeeper:</b>" All of my friends that ff had issues with nonstop crying at about 3 weeks. It took DD about 3 weeks to ... [snip!] ... Babies don't always show signs of their intolerances right away. Talk to your pediatrician you may need to change formulas"</blockquote>

I hope not. It happened with DS1. Switched to alimentum. It took about 3 weeks to a month for DS1

Jeeper 1 child; Orlando, Florida 2287 posts
29th Jul
Quoting Eli&Elliot's Mommy!:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Jeeper:</b>" All of my friends that ff had issues with nonstop ... [snip!] ... I hope not. It happened with DS1. Switched to alimentum. It took about 3 weeks to a month for DS1"

Hopefully if it is the formula its something as simple as he needs to be on soy formula or a gentle type. One of my friends that had this issue had to go through tons of different formulas to find the right one turns out he needed soy another one switched twice and the Gerber Soothe worked for him.