2 for 2 @ 4!!!!! Booger & Bubba's Mommy 18 kids; Illinois 8136 posts
10th Aug '13

My younger son is 4 & 4m old. He is riding a bike, pedaling it WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS!!!!! I'm so proud of him. He started on Thursday, did it a bunch yesterday & today is starting & stoping without any issues.

My 6yo was off training wheels at 4 too. He is now riding 4foot dirt jumps in my front yard.

I'd post a video if I could.

mom of three 3 kids; Missouri 5303 posts
10th Aug '13

Awesome!

user banned Due March 16; 18 kids; Springfield, Georgia 8473 posts
10th Aug '13

Good job! My son also took his training wheels off right after he turned 4.

user banned 2 kids; Silly, Belgium 6539 posts
10th Aug '13

Hah, good stuff. DD is almost 4 and can barely peddle with the training wheels on lol.

Booger & Bubba's Mommy 18 kids; Illinois 8136 posts
10th Aug '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting Odafin Tutuola:</b>" Hah, good stuff. DD is almost 4 and can barely peddle with the training wheels on lol. "</blockquote>

I'm not suprised. Both my boys have been on bike since 2. They ride almost daily weather permitting.

My nephew is 7 & still on training wheels. Most kids are.

user banned 2 kids; Silly, Belgium 6539 posts
10th Aug '13
Quoting Booger & Bubba's Mommy:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Odafin Tutuola:</b>" Hah, good stuff. DD is almost 4 and can ... [snip!] ... been on bike since 2. They ride almost daily weather permitting. My nephew is 7 & still on training wheels. Most kids are."

Yeah she's never really been into her bike tbh. She's more into skateboards and swimming. :P But that's awesome that your boys are early riders.

Kass. 1 child; 2 angel babies; Ottawa, Ontario 11312 posts
10th Aug '13

Wowie, that's really awesome! DD just turned 5 and doesn't really have an interest in her bike. She has poor muscle tone and unless she's on a bit of a downhill slope, she has a very hard time with the pedals. Your little guy must be so proud of himself!!!! :)

Redneck Mamma North Carolina 8746 posts
10th Aug '13

Unfortunately our yard stays so wet we can only ride bikes on the road and the bugs are so bad right now we can't really ride bikes. I am thinking of taking it in the afternoons when I get her off the bus though.

user banned SAN FRANCISCO, CA, United States 24574 posts
10th Aug '13

Yay. Our kids learn to ride 2-wheelers at 4yo as well...I was really surprised with our daughter since she's not really much of a bike rider, but we took her training wheels off and away she went!

My friends son is 2yo...close to 3, I think...but 2yo none the less and he's riding dirt bike courses!!! It's INSANE!!!