14/15 month old tantrums Tara plus 3! Due October 10 (girl); 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Missouri 2773 posts
15th Aug '13

How long does your LO throw tantrums for? My dd will be 15 months Saturday and she throws fits for 20 or more minutes.

THE Draco Malfoy 2 kids; Tennessee 20821 posts
15th Aug '13

what usually triggers them?

XJS♡6.14 1 child; Panama City, Florida 379 posts
15th Aug '13

No longer than 5 minutes usually. He seems to get over it quickly, thankfully.

Tara plus 3! Due October 10 (girl); 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Missouri 2773 posts
15th Aug '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting THE Draco Malfoy:</b>" what usually triggers them?"</blockquote>

Well this time it was bc she opened the remote and took the batteries out and was putting them in her mouth so I took them away and explained that they arent to put in your mouth and that she could choke and she flipped out.

15th Aug '13
Quoting Tara plus 2.5:):" <blockquote><b>Quoting THE Draco Malfoy:</b>" what usually triggers them?"</blockquote> ... [snip!] ... her mouth so I took them away and explained that they arent to put in your mouth and that she could choke and she flipped out."

and how did you respond to the tantrum?

Flower. 3 kids; Rockville, Maryland 1244 posts
15th Aug '13
Quoting Tara plus 2.5:):" How long does your LO throw tantrums for? My dd will be 15 months Saturday and she throws fits for 20 or more minutes."

My 14 mo old DD just started throwing them on Sunday and she gets seizures because of them. So I haven't been letting her throw them. I try to snap her out of the fit before she starts a seizure.

Kimber's Mommy 1 child; South Carolina 4272 posts
15th Aug '13

Usually not long, depending on why she's having one. It's usually less than a minute. She plops down on her butt dramatically and then throws herself back and just screams and cries (not even tears usually). If it's a small tantrum, I just ignore it and go on about my stuff. She gets over it and is fine. If it's a bigger and more serious tantrum, I put her in her pack n play so she won't hurt herself and she can have her own space to calm down while still being near us.

Tara plus 3! Due October 10 (girl); 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Missouri 2773 posts
15th Aug '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting THE Draco Malfoy:</b>" and how did you respond to the tantrum?"</blockquote>

Well I tried to calm her down and hold her but she just kept trying to escape my arms so I gave up and sat her in the corner and made sure she wasn't gonnw throw her self back first she sat there for about 20 seconds and then stood up and started walking around and continued screaming. :(

15th Aug '13
Quoting Tara plus 2.5:):" <blockquote><b>Quoting THE Draco Malfoy:</b>" and how did you respond to the tantrum?"</blockquote> ... [snip!] ... her self back first she sat there for about 20 seconds and then stood up and started walking around and continued screaming. :("

well, like Kimber's Mommy said, best to just ignore the behavior (after making sure she's not going to hurt herself). my daughter has days where she throws a fit over and over, so i put her in her bed thinking she just needs a nap, but she is just content playing by herself. sometimes it's over stimulation i think.

Kimber's Mommy 1 child; South Carolina 4272 posts
15th Aug '13

<blockquote><b>Quoting THE Draco Malfoy:</b>" well, like Kimber's Mommy said, best to just ignore the behavior (after making sure she's not going to ... [snip!] ... in her bed thinking she just needs a nap, but she is just content playing by herself. sometimes it's over stimulation i think."</blockquote>

Yes, overstimulation. Sometimes just putting her in her pack n play with a couple of toys makes her focus her attention on something else. Just showing it to her doesn't usually work. I guess the small amount of... Isolation, or the illusion of it, helps reign in her emotion and focus. If that makes any sense.

First Time Mama :) Due July 12; 1 child; Pennsylvania 343 posts
15th Aug '13

Watching! Dd just started this.. I am at a loss of what to do? She was always a happy girl!