16 Weeks gender ultrasound? Mrs. Bowen Due February 7 (girl); Arkansas 103 posts
20th Aug '13

Would any of you ladies recommend getting a gender ultrasound at 16 Weeks? I can get a 3D ultrasound. I just don't want to waste my money if it would be better to wait. I already have an app but was going to reschedule since I have changed my mind, but I will be 16 weeks next week and the app is next week, so now it is hard for me to cancel because I keep thinking I could find out the gender next week! What would you ladies do?

I'm His Amy He's My Rory 2 kids; Caldwell, Idaho 49255 posts
20th Aug '13

I found out with my daughter at 15 weeks 3 days or so.

Kmamabear♥ Due September 13 (boy); 2 kids; Arizona 71 posts
20th Aug '13

I found out at 15 weeks 4 days with our first son and 14 weeks 6 days with this baby(:

meℓissa♡ 1 child; ,, CA, United States 17774 posts
status 20th Aug '13

We found out our son was a boy at 16 weeks.

♥MomToSilas+1♥ Due December 9; 1 child; ., IL, United States 11244 posts
20th Aug '13

They were wrong for me at 15 weeks 6 days. Was told 90% sure it was a girl but he was all boy at 21 weeks. But with 3D I'm sure it will be accurate.

Mrs. Curtis 1 child; Lompoc, California 1996 posts
20th Aug '13

i found out conan was a boy at 15 weeks 3 days and it was just a typical ultrasound.. not 3d

i heard 3d ones are best towards the third trimester just so you can see how they look..

me personally i would get the normal ultrasound for the gender.. and save the 3d for when your further along and can see more. (if that makes sense)

Mrs. Bowen Due February 7 (girl); Arkansas 103 posts
20th Aug '13

Thank you Ladies! DH wants to wait because some family had told us it's not likely that we would be able to tell but I am so ready to see the gender. I think 3D will be pretty accurate! I would wait to do 3D at 20 weeks but at the same time this momma is getting excited to find out the gender! If I find out next week would you recommend waiting to buy things until my 2nd ultrasound at the Doctor's ultrasound?

Onalee's Mummy Due August 26 (boy); 1 child; Newcastle, Australia 5355 posts
20th Aug '13

I was 15 weeks when I found out with my daughter.

20 weeks with my little boy

BαtMαɳ Gotham, __, United States 65619 posts
20th Aug '13

I got a 3D done at 16 weeks and loved it! I would def get one done then!

blessedlifewithyou TTC since Jun 2013; 2 kids; Tomball, Texas 19 posts
20th Aug '13
Quoting Mrs. Bowen:" Would any of you ladies recommend getting a gender ultrasound at 16 Weeks? I can get a 3D ultrasound. ... [snip!] ... so now it is hard for me to cancel because I keep thinking I could find out the gender next week! What would you ladies do?"

I would :) I found out both times to the sex of the baby at 15 weeks :)

Kyrian's Mom Due October 23 (boy); 1 child; Pensacola, Florida 742 posts
22nd Aug '13

My doctor wouldn't tell me til I was 19/20wks, so I paid for one those elective u/s ($100.00) and found out that my baby was a boy at 15wks;3d :D:D:D