So I just have Scarlytt a fruit pop that my mom made and she just told me AFTER she ate it "oh shit I forgot I put honey in those". Great. She's 7 months. Wtf do I do?
Watch her for any signs of reaction .
What do I watch for? I was under the impression once botchelism sets in you can e permanently paralyzed and/or die.
I have gave my son honey before recommended he's fine. im sure small quantities is alright.
I don't think its going to hurt her. Its very rare that is causes bauchulism just keep an eye on her.
Thanks ladies. I read the symptoms and they're all very abnormal for her so I hope I'd catch it early if she did get it since he'd be acting very abnormal. And yeah I don't think it was much at all. My mom said it was like a tablespoon in the whole blender and we shared the Popsicle so she had like a few licks.
i thought only raw honey poses a risk...did she use pasteurized honey?
edit : hm from doing a little research i guess pasteurized can still contain botulism spores, so best not to risk any kind of honey, but still I would at least suspect there is a lowered chance with pasteurized.
<blockquote><b>Quoting SquirrelyMom:</b>" i thought only raw honey poses a risk...did she use pasteurized honey? edit : hm from doing a little ... [snip!] ... spores, so best not to risk any kind of honey, but still I would at least suspect there is a lowered chance with pasteurized."</blockquote>
I doubt my mom bought raw honey lol we buy raw but she probably buys the regular kind that's mainly composed of HFCS lol