1% Milk Anna Leah's Mommy ♥ 1 child; Ontario 544 posts
12th Sep

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted on here. I guess I'm back :). Been super busy with DD who's now 19 months old! No more colic, and growing so fast! Now to the actual topic,

DD is pretty much 30 pounds, she's on a higher percentile for her age. She was on homo milk for a couple months after she turned a year old in which her doctor recommended her to be put on 2% since she's quite the chunky monkey. So far so good no problem. I am just wondering if maybe giving 1% milk will be okay, she drinks in total 16oz a day in her sippy with breakfast and after supper. No bottles here :). Some of my family members are starting to be "concerned" with her weight, I am not. I think it's normal and she will eventually grow out of it but I'm tired of getting those remarks. But maybe having your opinions on it would help a little more. TIA

Mommy Sparky Due April 27; 1 child; California 2725 posts
12th Sep

There is a negligible calorie difference between the two and the little bodies need the fat. Little ones grow at their own pace. My brother was in 16 mo clothes at 6 mo and size 8 shoes at 9 mo. He is perfectly normal sized now.

My 20 mo old eats more than me most days (no joke) and I barely got her over 20 lbs. They're all different.

Mrs.Mud 6 kids; 2 angel babies; North Dakota 3231 posts
12th Sep

Toddlers need the fats in whole milk for brain development. Weight will even itself out later on. I would do whole milk until 2, no matter the weight.

Anna Leah's Mommy ♥ 1 child; Ontario 544 posts
12th Sep

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mommy Sparky:</b>" There is a negligible calorie difference between the two and the little bodies need the fat. Little ones ... [snip!] ... normal sized now. My 20 mo old eats more than me most days (no joke) and I barely got her over 20 lbs. They're all different."</blockquote>

I kinda figured that. It's starting to become a little much, saying she will have weight issues her whole life. She's only a year and a half! She's quite the good eater, loves her fruits and veggies, so no overall concern.

Seeing as your brother has no weight issues makes my life a little easier and I can keep on thinking the way I'm thinking. I agree with them all being different, can't all be the same!

12th Sep

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mrs.Mud:</b>" Toddlers need the fats in whole milk for brain development. Weight will even itself out later on. I would do whole milk until 2, no matter the weight."</blockquote>

The good fats meaning DHA right? I guess it's back to homo milk then.

Mrs.Mud 6 kids; 2 angel babies; North Dakota 3231 posts
12th Sep
Quoting Anna Leah's Mommy ♥:" <blockquote><b>Quoting Mrs.Mud:</b>" Toddlers need the fats in whole milk for brain ... [snip!] ... milk until 2, no matter the weight."</blockquote> The good fats meaning DHA right? I guess it's back to homo milk then."

Right. And are you getting autocorrected? lol

12th Sep

<blockquote><b>Quoting Mrs.Mud:</b>" Right. And are you getting autocorrected? lol"</blockquote>

Lol probably, on my IPhone.