34 weeks pregnant baby isn't moving akoroush3149 Due October 26; 3 kids; Pittsburg, Kansas 839 posts
17th Sep

I'm 34 weeks 2 days pregnant. Day started out pretty normal. Went to the store about 4 hours ago and been crazy busy until now. Hubby was playing around and started shaking my belly to get the baby to move. Then it hit me that I don't recall her moving at all for at least the past 4 hours which is not normal. She was moving like crazy this morning like she usually does. Been poking and pushing around for about 20 minutes now and I'm not even getting a slight movement from her. Any tricks out there to get her moving? How long should I wait and what should I do if I don't ever feel anything?

penispenispenisVAGINA 4 kids; Idaho 6992 posts
17th Sep

Drink some juice, something sugary or some ice water lay on your left side and do kick counts. If nothing call your dr and get your ass to L&D

Momma R 2 kids; Washington 2911 posts
status 17th Sep
Quoting penispenispenisVAGINA:" Drink some juice, something sugary or some ice water lay on your left side and do kick counts. If nothing call your dr and get your ass to L&D"

:!::!::!::!::!:

lacTAYtor. ☮ 3 kids; North Carolina 4496 posts
17th Sep

<blockquote><b>Quoting penispenispenisVAGINA:</b>" Drink some juice, something sugary or some ice water lay on your left side and do kick counts. If nothing call your dr and get your ass to L&D"</blockquote>

:!::!:

Tickletits Due March 17; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Rincon, Georgia 618 posts
17th Sep

<blockquote><b>Quoting penispenispenisVAGINA:</b>" Drink some juice, something sugary or some ice water lay on your left side and do kick counts. If nothing call your dr and get your ass to L&D"</blockquote>

:!::!:

akoroush3149 Due October 26; 3 kids; Pittsburg, Kansas 839 posts
17th Sep
Quoting penispenispenisVAGINA:" Drink some juice, something sugary or some ice water lay on your left side and do kick counts. If nothing call your dr and get your ass to L&D"

how long do i wait?

Soon to be FOUR ;) Due February 8; 1 child; Wisconsin 355 posts
17th Sep

I wouldn't wait longer than an hour... GL I hope baby is just having a sleepy afternoon!

Momma R 2 kids; Washington 2911 posts
status 17th Sep
Quoting akoroush3149:" how long do i wait?"

about 1-2 hrs

penispenispenisVAGINA 4 kids; Idaho 6992 posts
17th Sep
Quoting akoroush3149:" how long do i wait?"

I would do about 30 minutes after drinking. If nothing call your dr while continue laying

1stTimeBabyMaker 1 child; California 2629 posts
status 17th Sep

Try 100% pure OJ none of that sunnyD crap but make sure it's pasteurized, I do it for my LO and within 5-10 minutes she moves

user banned 1 child; 1 angel baby; Japan 930 posts
17th Sep

I would just go to L&D ,but hey thats just me. I had a miscarriage my first pregnancy so with my second pregnancy I was paranoid and went to L&D A LOT but it was worth it to have peace of mind.

akoroush3149 Due October 26; 3 kids; Pittsburg, Kansas 839 posts
17th Sep

well i chugged some ice cold water and laid on my left side...she ended up getting hiccups lol. she still isn't moving to much but i'll keep an eye on it. this is usually her busiest time of the night. thanks so much for your help. This is my third pregnancy but I still get paranoid about everything lol. Like i said, I'll keep an eye on her and make sure she is still moving around but i feel a lot better now knowing that she can at least get hiccups.

Vanessa10c Due November 11; Japan 3 posts
17th Sep

Big clue that your okay is that your had a busy day, sometimes you don't notice movement when your day is insanely busy or even just a full of activity kind of day. but drinking juice or like you did Ice water and relaxing you'll feel movement. I freaked out one day because I was on my feet all day, grocery shopping, decorating for a party, cooking and than boom I thought My baby, I haven't felt my baby move!!! He must have been napping when I tried the juice because it took about 45 mins but then he moved around like crazy. But yes the juice/cold drink works!! If you still don't feel baby move than a call to L&D always is acceptable nothing wrong with being paranoid, because there's always a small chance that something could be wrong.

Angelina Castro Due January 24; 2 kids; California 21 posts
17th Sep

I would go to labor and delivery right away. I wouldn't drink juice or any of that. Its better to be safe. I always go in to put my mind at ease.

user banned 1 child; 1 angel baby; Japan 930 posts
17th Sep
Quoting Angelina Castro:" I would go to labor and delivery right away. I wouldn't drink juice or any of that. Its better to be safe. I always go in to put my mind at ease."

THIS! there could be a problem with the cord being wrapped dangerously causing restricted movement.