4 days :-) Lovebeingamom0210 Due September 30; 1 child; Rhode Island 26 posts
19th Sep

4 days left for being pregnant! I have to say I'm a little nervous! I'm going for my second c section and I just would like to know if anyone thought the recovery wasn't as bad with the 2nd one? My first was so painful but I heard #2 wasn't to bad.

motherofboys 3 kids; Milton-Freewater, Oregon 2263 posts
19th Sep

I'm due on Sat., going for a vbac though. I've heard that planned csections are easier recoveries, but I still prefer the much easier recover from a vaginal birth. I do hope everything goes well for you. Good luck momma.

Lovebeingamom0210 Due September 30; 1 child; Rhode Island 26 posts
19th Sep

<blockquote><b>Quoting motherofboys:</b>" I'm due on Sat., going for a vbac though. I've heard that planned csections are easier recoveries, but ... [snip!] ... but I still prefer the much easier recover from a vaginal birth. I do hope everything goes well for you. Good luck momma."</blockquote>

Thank you! Hope everything goes well for you also!

19th Sep

Thank you. I too have looked into what a rcs is like just in case. The thought of another csection terrifies me. I know the risks of a vbac, but statistically the chances of a complication are so low I'm willing to give it a shot. I've also been reading up on the risks of rcs, and the chances of complications are much higher, so it rather freaks me out. I've got vbac supportive dr.'s but a hospital with a vbac ban, so I'm on edge about it. I've got to be a stubborn mule to try for the birth I want. :) It's on my mind constantly, driving me insane, lol.
In all my conversations with my dr.'s, I have notice that vbac risks are emphasized, but no one has ever discussed the risks of another csection with me. It seems a bit one sided informationally.

19th Sep

Oh I know I'm really nervous too!!!

19th Sep
Quoting Lovebeingamom0210:" Oh I know I'm really nervous too!!!"

You'll have to tell me how everything goes. I'm sure you'll do great, it's just nice know when things turn out well. :) I also hope you recover quickly.
Out of curiosity, you don't have to discuss it, but is there a particularly reason why you are having a rcs? I know how I feel about them, but many women choose rcs and I like hearing their point of view.

19th Sep

I was going to try for a vbac but the doctors gave me a ultrasound and they think the baby will be on the bigger side so I have already been through the csection I know what to expect so if I wanted to try and it didn't work then the csection would be the outcome anyways.

25th Sep

I had my son on Monday, natural birth at the vbac ban hospital. It was completely not how I expected but exactly as I'd always wished but was too afraid to hope for. If you want to read my story I posted it here.
http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about2552075.html