1 year old keeps coughing but no other signs of being sick? Bee. 1 child; Halifax, NS, Canada 683 posts
3rd Oct '13

Since yesterday, my 1 year old has been coughing. They're just normal coughs, they don't sound mucusy or anything. She only does it once in awhile too. Her nose isn't runny, no fever either. Could she just be on the verge of getting a cold or what do you think it could be???

ElleBelle (32 weeks) Due September 22; 1 child; 1 angel baby; Rio Rancho, NM, United States 21599 posts
status 3rd Oct '13

I guess time will tell.

Blythe. 1 child; Indiana 22065 posts
3rd Oct '13

could be allergies, dust, dry air, anything really.

Bee. 1 child; Halifax, NS, Canada 683 posts
3rd Oct '13
Quoting Blythe.:" could be allergies, dust, dry air, anything really. "

True. I just didn't know if it's common for children to cough before actually showing other signs of being sick. She's never been sick before so I have no clue! I usually get a runny nose before the cough, so I found it strange.

Blythe. 1 child; Indiana 22065 posts
3rd Oct '13
Quoting Miss-B ♥:" True. I just didn't know if it's common for children to cough before actually showing other signs of ... [snip!] ... being sick. She's never been sick before so I have no clue! I usually get a runny nose before the cough, so I found it strange."

I had bronchitis last month last month from drainage and all I had was a cough. It was a constant cough though

Trey&Genesis'momma 4 kids; 4 angel babies; Somewhere, IN, United States 4587 posts
3rd Oct '13

Could be a cold, allergies....anything really. But I would just keep an eye on it. My kids and me all started out with just small cold like symptoms and then it went into full blown bronchitis and got pretty bad. Like we were throwing up from coughing so bad and they couldn't breathe hardly.

3rd Oct '13
Quoting Trey&Genesis'momma:" Could be a cold, allergies....anything really. But I would just keep an eye on it. My kids and me all ... [snip!] ... into full blown bronchitis and got pretty bad. Like we were throwing up from coughing so bad and they couldn't breathe hardly."

Omg! Scary stuff....I hope it's not that serious!

Trey&Genesis'momma 4 kids; 4 angel babies; Somewhere, IN, United States 4587 posts
3rd Oct '13
Quoting Miss-B ♥:" Omg! Scary stuff....I hope it's not that serious!"

Yeah that's why I'm telling you. Not to scare you but to warn you how out of control it can get in just a matter of a day. Just watch her closely. If the cough sounds like it's getting worse, definitely take her in to be safe.

3rd Oct '13
Quoting Trey&Genesis'momma:" Yeah that's why I'm telling you. Not to scare you but to warn you how out of control it can get in just ... [snip!] ... just a matter of a day. Just watch her closely. If the cough sounds like it's getting worse, definitely take her in to be safe."

Definitely will do! Thanks!!