8 weeks and heavy bleeding Amber n dave Due August 28; 3 kids; Wisconsin 2273 posts
18th Jan

I am currently 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I have been having intense cramping since around 6 weeks. About a week ago I started spotting but the doctor wasn't concerned and told me to take it easy. Earlier today I took a nap and when I woke up I realized I had completely soaked through my liner, panties, and jeans! I took a shower and changed and the bleeding hasn't slowed down at all. I'm waiting for the babies to get picked up so that we can go to the hospital and I'm totally freaking out. Has this happened to anyone else with a positive outcome?? 

Circle K 1 child; 1 angel baby; Federal Way, WA, United States 9215 posts
status 18th Jan

Are you cramping? And I don't mean slight cramping but painful cramping. I bled heavily with my daughter due to a subchorionic hematoma. There was the slight normal pregnancy cramping and lots of bleeding, no clots. She's now 5.

Womb Raider Due August 12; Japan 453 posts
18th Jan

Well it doesn't sound good but don't give in until you know. You could have what Circle K said. I've heard it happen a lot. Update us and sending you good vibes.

Amber n dave Due August 28; 3 kids; Wisconsin 2273 posts
18th Jan

Quoting Circle K:
Are you cramping? And I don't mean slight cramping but painful cramping. I bled heavily with my daughter due to a subchorionic hematoma. There was the slight normal pregnancy cramping and lots of bleeding, no clots. She's now 5.

Yes I've been experiencing very painful cramping since about 6 weeks. I haven't noticed any tissue or clots though. The Dr originally told me as long as I'm not bleeding then he wasn't concerned. What was the hematoma exactly? Did it fix itself?

18th Jan

Quoting Circle K:

Yes I've been experiencing very painful cramping since about 6 weeks. I haven't noticed any tissue or clots though. The Dr originally told me as long as I'm not bleeding then he wasn't concerned. What was the hematoma exactly? Did it fix itself?

18th Jan

***double post

status 18th Jan

Quoting Amber n dave:

It's a blood clot between the placenta and the uterus. Yes, it fixed itself. When it initially started passing was when I had the heavy bleeding. When the rest of it passed, I bled some more but just not as much. Give your doctor a call and keep an eye out for any clots. Passing clots isn't a good sign.

Future Mrs. Long 2 kids; Oklahoma 719 posts
18th Jan

Sounds like what happened to me at 6 weeks last year. Hope it goes better for you... just remember you can get pregnant again. I did ☺

Mommythain2be Due July 9; United States 1 posts
18th Jan

Go to the hospital! And see what's going on.

18th Jan

Quoting Mommythain2be:
Go to the hospital! And see what's going on.

We are. I'm waiting for my kids to get picked up. They're only 15 months and 5 months so bringing them to the hospital probably wouldn't go well. But thank you for the responses ladies. I should be heading out soon. I will keep you all updated.

20th Jan

Just to update everyone, I went into the emergency room and my quantative count dropped from 15000 a few days ago to 500. The ultrasound still showed an embryo with a heartbeat but the Dr said I was going to miscarry. He wants me to follow up with my ob tomorrow but I already know my baby is gone. :-( thanks for the support though.

Super Mommy! Due July 31; 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Costa Mesa, California 9043 posts
20th Jan

Quoting Amber n dave:
Just to update everyone, I went into the emergency room and my quantative count dropped from 15000 a few days ago to 500. The ultrasound still showed an embryo with a heartbeat but the Dr said I was going to miscarry. He wants me to follow up with my ob tomorrow but I already know my baby is gone. :-( thanks for the support though.

I'm so sorry! Very Sad

20th Jan

Quoting Super Mommy!:

I'm so sorry! Very Sad

Thank you

ღCece[9 more weeks!]ღ Due June 22; 1 child; Lawrenceville, GA, United States 11840 posts
20th Jan

I'm sorry :(

status 20th Jan

Quoting Amber n dave:

I don't want to give you false hope but I've seen HCG levels drop and bounce back. Baby still has a heartbeat so not gone yet. Keep us updated.