12 weeks and spotting? tmi mumof2boys85 3 kids; australia, vi, Asia/Pacific Region 817 posts
14th Feb '14

Im currently 12 weeks and Woke up this morning to some brown discharge on my underwear. I am a little concerned as I have never had any kind of spotting in any of my pregnancies before. I havent had any cramping, Although I have had a lot of pain in the last week where my C section scar. Any advice would be helpful.

Leah's Mommy <3 Due February 21 (girl); StalkMe, IL, United States 2401 posts
status 14th Feb '14

Brown is good. Old blood not new. 

if it turns Red or dark pink I would get an appointment with your doctor to check things out. 

If the bleeding continues with red blood or gets heavier then I recommend going to the ER. 

If it stays brown but still have problems with the pain in your C section scar I would make a non emergency appointment to discuss where the pain and blood may be coming from or to check over the baby to ease your fears. Gl

Landon's Mommy *+2* Due October 20; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Cincinnati, Ohio 14943 posts
14th Feb '14

Brown is old blood, that's ok. If it turns to pink or red and you start cramping real bad you need to go to the ER or if your doctor's is open
good luck!  I have had 2 miscarriages as well as spotting until 25 wks with my last pregnancy.  It's scary no matter what we color the blood is.

mumof2boys85 3 kids; australia, vi, Asia/Pacific Region 817 posts
14th Feb '14

Thank you for the replies.. It is scary, but i am feeling a little more calm about it now, Thank you!

Landon's Mommy *+2* Due October 20; 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Cincinnati, Ohio 14943 posts
14th Feb '14

Quoting mumof2boys85:
Thank you for the replies.. It is scary, but i am feeling a little more calm about it now, Thank you!

:) enjoy the rest of your evening

Mama2(three)Boys ♥ 3 kids; New Jersey 10197 posts
14th Feb '14

Try not to worry but you can always call your dr for reassur