Reply
Wanting a c-section? destineydanille Due May 5 (girl); 1 child; Saskatchewan, SK, Canada 80 posts
27th Feb

This is my first pregnancy and I am 30weeks,3days. Due to some health concerns I have for my daughter, I am wanting a c-section. How does one go about requesting one? I have a doctors appointment with my ob on March 6th, so I'll just ask her then. I just need some pointers. 

Amelia [a Mom] 1 child; 4 angel babies; Tallahassee, Florida 16231 posts
27th Feb

Just express your concerns to your OB.  He or she will determine if there is a medical necessity.

user banned 1 child; ., ., Afghanistan 14887 posts
27th Feb

I don't think you can? Unless they medically find you unfit to have her naturally then they will book you one. So if she really does need to be born by c section they will know and they will make sure that it is done. Just bring up your concern and I am sure they will let you know if it is necessary or not.

countrytink 4 kids; Ohio 702 posts
27th Feb

Has your doctor mentioned it being safer for medical reasons? What are your reasons. I had to have a csection with my second and have been told that having a vbac is out of the question and I am dreading it. 

bia. 2 kids; ., ., Portugal 75380 posts
27th Feb

Talk to your doctor.

mad*hatter 2 kids; 1 angel baby; United States 2081 posts
27th Feb

I would mention it I suppose, but I think if your dr thought it was in yours and baby's best interest she probably would have mentioned it first?.. At least mine did

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56009 posts
27th Feb

Your doctor will let you know if he/she thinks you might need a c section

Though honestly, I'd be doing everything in my power to avoid it

Kristen Parris 2 kids; Virginia 1983 posts
27th Feb

Quoting Kelly&Coralie:
Your doctor will let you know if he/she thinks you might need a c section

Though honestly, I'd be doing everything in my power to avoid it


Coming from someone who has had a csection... Definitely this!! Your doctor would express concern if he/she didn't think a vaginal delivery was best.

An unnecessary csection created even more risks for the mom and baby! Definitely do your research and educate yourself. 

♥Heather♥ 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Great Lakes, IL, United States 27363 posts
27th Feb

I have had 2 c-sections & a 3rd this summer all medically necessary. Unless it's medical necessary I honestly would avoid it & go for a vaginal delivery. Has your doctor expressed concern about you needing one or do you just want one?

Renegade♥ 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Indian Rocks Beach, FL, United States 5471 posts
27th Feb

 I have family history of the bones not opening to let a baby out. literally every female on my mothers side had a csection. great-grandma to my sister and everyone in between because there bones wouldnt open. my doctor ignored it. i went to 41.5 weeks, 39 hours of labor later and about 1.5 of pushing later guess what happened? they realized my bones werent opened enough like i told them from the beginning and had to wheel me in for an emergency c-section.  if you think theres going to be an issue dont let your OB ignore you.

caseylynn08 Due March 14; 1 child; Perryville, Missouri 4 posts
27th Feb

you may end up being the lucky one in your family who doesnt have the issue. i totally understand the family history thing. i am due any time now and hate that i have a scheduled c section for the 10th. c sections take a lot longer to recover from and for about 2 weeks i thought my insides were going to fall out of my incision. my daughter was breech and ended up being 9 lbs and would not turn over for a natural delivery. my son is also measuring big but he is head down. sadly my hospital has a policy against vbacs if you have never delivered naturally before. honestly i feel its better to try to delivery naturally before going the route of major surgery. i was in bed for 12 hours afterward and so drowsy from the meds i was afraid i was going to drop my daughter. if i go into labor before the c section date i intend on staying home thru labor that way the hospital doesnt have a choice but to let me deliver how i want. (my doctor has given me the ok to do this).

mumof2boys85 3 kids; australia, vi, Asia/Pacific Region 817 posts
27th Feb

I will be having my third and final C section with this baby. My doctor told me it was too dangerous to have anymore children with the damage the C sections have left. Express your concerns and definitely talk to your doctor about them and do your research before hand as it is a really big decision if you are given the option. Has your doctor said anything about needing a C section?