16 and pregnant really bad situation... Ciara blache Due November 29; United States 142 posts
21st Mar

I am really early. I think. I had sex protected it slipped off once. I'm living with a foster family. And the person I was having sex with is a mess. I wasn't supposed to be have sex with him. I don't know a bit of me feels like I don't like it here anyway. But idk I don't really want an abortion. It's why I haven't told anyone. If I don't want an abortion is there a way I can parent? Advice?

мɑkɑnɑni 1 angel baby; ~, FL, United States 65346 posts
21st Mar

Only you can answer if you can parent. Are you willing to make the sacrifices that will be required of you? You should probably contact a foster care worker and ask what happens when a foster kid gets pregnant and what your options are. They may have a home for you.

nov.08mama TTC since Oct 2013; new york, ny, United States 455 posts
21st Mar

Have you considered an open adoption?

Legendary Due August 27 (boy); 1 child; Beverly Hills, California 57425 posts
21st Mar

Quoting Ciara blache:
I am really early. I think. I had sex protected it slipped off once. I'm living with a foster family. And the person I was having sex with is a mess. I wasn't supposed to be have sex with him. I don't know a bit of me feels like I don't like it here anyway. But idk I don't really want an abortion. It's why I haven't told anyone. If I don't want an abortion is there a way I can parent? Advice?

Well, you don't have an abortion so that you get to stay in the home. You have an abortion because you aren't ready and able to give a baby the things it needs and deserves. 

You'll have to talk to your social worker about government aid and such, you should talk to him/her anyway because they can line you up with anything you need. You don't need to tell them who you had sex with, say you don't know who the father is. 

Kadybug's Mommy Due October 30; 1 child; 3 angel babies; Easton, PA, United States 138 posts
21st Mar

Remember abortion isn't your only choice, you can also do adoption.. and that's your choice, just remember if you choose to parent you are the person that has to provide and take care of that child.

Kelly&Coralie 1 child; Rochester, NY, United States 56008 posts
21st Mar

you have 3 choices. Abortion, Adoption, or Keeping it. 

You do need to make a decision fairly soon as the window for abortion closes a bit every day. 

Meditate on it. Tell your foster care providers. Talk to your case worker. Make the best choice for you AND the best choice for the baby, whatever choice that ends up being. 

Good luck with everything

JΔS Georgia 73305 posts
21st Mar

At 16 with no set family or support system? It would be very hard. I personally would abort. 

Ciara blache Due November 29; United States 142 posts
21st Mar

Quoting ♏ɑkɑnɑni:
Only you can answer if you can parent. Are you willing to make the sacrifices that will be required of you? You should probably contact a foster care worker and ask what happens when a foster kid gets pregnant and what your options are. They may have a home for you.

I'm afraid that my case worker is going to be as negative. 

Everyone's already hard on me. I have had a past with addiction that my foster caregivers or whatever and case worker know about and this would just make things worst.

A part of me feels like running away again. Because I don't want to deal with the reaction, I'm going to get. It's going to be too stressful.

мɑkɑnɑni 1 angel baby; ~, FL, United States 65346 posts
21st Mar

Quoting Ciara blache:

Everyone's already hard on me. I have had a past with addiction that my foster caregivers or whatever and case worker know about and this would just make things worst.

A part of me feels like running away again. Because I don't want to deal with the reaction, I'm going to get. It's going to be too stressful.

Then adoption may be your best choice. Running away won't make things better. How will you receive medical care? How will you care for a baby on the streets?

Randilion 2 kids; ....., .., United States 8006 posts
21st Mar

Quoting Ciara blache:

That's not stable. And you want to bring a child into that? Unknown

JΔS Georgia 73305 posts
21st Mar

Quoting Ciara blache:

That's not very mature. 

21st Mar

Quoting ♏ɑkɑnɑni:

Then adoption may be your best choice. Running away won't make things better. How will you receive medical care? How will you care for a baby on the streets?

I know it's not a good idea. I just don't like the stress of everything.

21st Mar

Quoting nov.08mama:
Have you considered an open adoption?

Yeah I wouldn't want my kid to have to be raised by strangers like I am. It's not something I'd want my baby to go through.

JΔS Georgia 73305 posts
21st Mar

Quoting Ciara blache:

I know it's not a good idea. I just don't like the stress of everything.

You think you're stressed now, pfft.

Randilion 2 kids; ....., .., United States 8006 posts
21st Mar

Quoting Ciara blache:

Yeah I wouldn't want my kid to have to be raised by strangers like I am. It's not something I'd want my baby to go through.

They wouldn't be strangers to the baby though.