24 weeks & saw blood this morning.! scared momma!! Jessica Toth Due September 30 (girl); 1 angel baby; United States 53 posts
11th Jun

I'm 24x1 weeks with an amazing little girl. I woke up this morning & went to the restroom and when I wiped (tmi) there was this stringy blood stuff. Hard to explain. It was only a little bit but enough to freak me out. I miscarried last year & terrified to lose this one too. I'm going to go back & see if anything is still coming out in about 20 minutes. But first thing I did was go on here to get advice from other moms, I'm so terrified. I've been having pressure like feeling in my lower abdomen area & bad lower back painns for a couple of weeks. I just thought it was cause she is growing, don't know if its relevant to the blood. Please someone give me some advice, don't know if its worthy of a call to my doctor.

Update: my test results came back negative & doctor has no explanation for the bleeding. He just said if it continues in 2 weeks to go back in. I'm so scared.. Waiting.. For who knows what.

Addi's Momma Due January 23 (girl); 1 child; 1 angel baby; Florissant, Missouri 5553 posts
11th Jun

I would definitely call your doctor. Blood accompanied by pain isn't usually a good thing. They will probably send you to L&D.

Squid Kid Unavailable, NA, United States 32450 posts
11th Jun

Call your doctor. You want to make sure you don't need a cerclage or are developing something

**milfshake** London, United Kingdom 31504 posts
11th Jun

Quoting Jessica Toth:
I'm 24x1 weeks with an amazing little girl. I woke up this morning & went to the restroom and when I wiped (tmi) there was this stringy blood stuff. Hard to explain. It was only a little bit but enough to freak me out. I miscarried last year & terrified to lose this one too. I'm going to go back & see if anything is still coming out in about 20 minutes. But first thing I did was go on here to get advice from other moms, I'm so terrified. I've been having pressure like feeling in my lower abdomen area & bad lower back painns for a couple of weeks. I just thought it was cause she is growing, don't know if its relevant to the blood. Please someone give me some advice, don't know if its worthy of a call to my doctor.

Call your doctor...

Just Emily :) 2 kids; Casa grande, Az, United States 9145 posts
11th Jun

I agree with call your doctor. You haven't have an exam or rough sex or anything that might have just irritated you?

slayera Due February 2 (twins); 4 kids; 3 angel babies; nowhere, ca, United States 1329 posts
11th Jun

go to the L&D. u might be starting labor. my sister had the same symptoms u described & was in labor at 24 weeks. they ended up giving her the shoots for several months to prevent preterm labor. my niece was still born a month early. good luck.

Jessica Toth Due September 30 (girl); 1 angel baby; United States 53 posts
11th Jun

Quoting Just Emily :):
I agree with call your doctor. You haven't have an exam or rough sex or anything that might have just irritated you?

Nope. No exam or sex or anything. That's why I'm scared. I mean it was just a tiny bit but enough to freak me out. There hasn't been any since.. But I also haven't felt her move yet this morning. Going to call my doctor soon especialy if I don't feel her move soon

11th Jun

Quoting Jessica Toth:

Nope. No exam or sex or anything. That's why I'm scared. I mean it was just a tiny bit but enough to freak me out. There hasn't been any since.. But I also haven't felt her move yet this morning. Going to call my doctor soon especialy if I don't feel her move soon

You're still too early to be feeling daily movements/be doing kick counts. is it possible you have a hemorrhoid or cut yourself while shaving or have a UTI?

I'd still call.

11th Jun

Quoting Squid Kid:

You're still too early to be feeling daily movements/be doing kick counts. is it possible you have a hemorrhoid or cut yourself while shaving or have a UTI?

I'd still call.

Nope everything was perfect. Had a doctors appointment on the 4th and she was doing great. I usually feel her every day. Not always at the same time of the day but she loves to move around a lot.

11th Jun

Quoting Addi's Momma:
I would definitely call your doctor. Blood accompanied by pain isn't usually a good thing. They will probably send you to L&D.

Went to my doctor he checked my cervix and the baby's heartbeat and everything was fine. Tomorrow morning I go back to take a test to see if I'm going into preterm labor. The doctor seemed calmed. But now, couple hours later I went to the bathroom, wiped and there was a small dark red clump of blood on the toilet paper. No cramping and baby is still moving some. Thinking I should just wait to see my doctor again tomorrow since I'm not in any pain. I was calm and now seeing that clump made me freak out even more. I know my doc knows what he's doing but still... This shouldn't be happening for no reason. 

12th Jun

Quoting Jessica Toth:

Went to my doctor he checked my cervix and the baby's heartbeat and everything was fine. Tomorrow morning I go back to take a test to see if I'm going into preterm labor. The doctor seemed calmed. But now, couple hours later I went to the bathroom, wiped and there was a small dark red clump of blood on the toilet paper. No cramping and baby is still moving some. Thinking I should just wait to see my doctor again tomorrow since I'm not in any pain. I was calm and now seeing that clump made me freak out even more. I know my doc knows what he's doing but still... This shouldn't be happening for no reason. 

If he vaginally examined you, that can cause more bleeding

12th Jun

Quoting Squid Kid:

If he vaginally examined you, that can cause more bleeding

That's what I thought. But wasn't sure