5 weeks and no fetal pole Ms Christina Harper 2 kids; Jacksonville, Florida 355 posts
21st Jul

My twin sister is pregnant. She had a cycle in June putting her right around 5 weeks. They did an US at the Er today and said there was no fetal pole and she may be miscarrying. Is it too early still to see it? 

Elle&Cole 2 kids; 1 angel baby; Rio Rancho, NM, United States 24989 posts
21st Jul

Too early IMO

ashleeoh 2 kids; Tucson, Arizona 2610 posts
21st Jul

I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 1 day and 5 weeks 4 days with this pregnancy and there was just an empty sac. I am now 37 weeks pregnant.

Born To Be Worn Due February 4 (boy); 4 kids; 2 angel babies; Norfolk, Virginia 5581 posts
21st Jul

I was 5 weeks last time I had a miscarriage and they did an ultrasound and couldn't see anything and still discharged me only with a threatened miscarriage even though my HC levels were at a 14. Which is a negative pregnancy test. 

Reason on for the discharge is because it's not until 6 weeks can you see anything to determine much of anything.

Ms Christina Harper 2 kids; Jacksonville, Florida 355 posts
21st Jul

Quoting ElleBelle (31 weeks):
Too early IMO

That's what I keep telling her. She is devastated but I feel like it's too early. She may be wrong with her dates. She has gotten all her pregnancy tests back positive and there is a sac it's just showing no pole yet. I didn't show with mine till 7 weeks

Born To Be Worn Due February 4 (boy); 4 kids; 2 angel babies; Norfolk, Virginia 5581 posts
21st Jul

Quoting Ms Christina Harper:

That's what I keep telling her. She is devastated but I feel like it's too early. She may be wrong with her dates. She has gotten all her pregnancy tests back positive and there is a sac it's just showing no pole yet. I didn't show with mine till 7 weeks

Once you have that feeling of it being hopeless, no one can pull you out of it unless it's a doctor and you're seeing that heartbeat flutter on US. I've lost two babies this year and I started spotting at 7 weeks while out of town, and no one could comfort me. I thought it was over. Called in a favor with my moms OBGYN and saw the baby was doing beautifully and growing and healthy. I finally felt okay seeing the baby.

Noah, Alainah & Eli's mom Due April 22 (girl); 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Alabama 186 posts
21st Jul

This happened to me. It finally showed up about 7 weeks but I ended up having a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Good luck to your sister!

Cristina Wasley 1 child; United States 93 posts
21st Jul

They didn't see anything on my ultrasounds until 7 1/2 weeks. 5 weeks is too early. They didn't even see a sack on my 5 week us.

21st Jul

Quoting Cristina Wasley:
They didn't see anything on my ultrasounds until 7 1/2 weeks. 5 weeks is too early. They didn't even see a sack on my 5 week us.

This helps ease things. We have her rechecked in 2 days to check levels.

Squid Kid Unavailable, NA, United States 32450 posts
21st Jul

at 6w2d you could BARELY see the fetal pole on my US. It was a tiny little blob. It can still be too early

life of a mommy Due September 30; 3 kids; United States 166 posts
21st Jul

My first US was supposedly 5 weeks 3 days and we already had a heart beat. US can vary on their dates. Id give it a little more time before worrying. 

Mama2(three)Boys ♥ 3 kids; New Jersey 10183 posts
21st Jul

Probably too early. Praying for her.

LOX❥ 1 child; Everglades, FL, United States 5427 posts
21st Jul

At 6 weeks when I had an ultrasound it was still just an empty sack. 5 weeks is too early, I'm surprised they even mentioned miscarriage at all, that's ridiculous.

21st Jul

Quoting ι♡яคч:
At 6 weeks when I had an ultrasound it was still just an empty sack. 5 weeks is too early, I'm surprised they even mentioned miscarriage at all, that's ridiculous.

Thanks ladies. It was the ER so unless you're dying they are kind of no help. We go back In 2 days to have her levels checked. Please send positive thoughts and prayers!!

LOX❥ 1 child; Everglades, FL, United States 5427 posts
21st Jul

Quoting Ms Christina Harper:

Thanks ladies. It was the ER so unless you're dying they are kind of no help. We go back In 2 days to have her levels checked. Please send positive thoughts and prayers!!

Yeah the ER sucks when it comes to that kind of stuff, got the poor girl all upset for most likely nothing! Good luck to her. Sticky dust**