8 month old vision Bri Bug's momma Due November 26 (girl); 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Dickinson, ND, United States 508 posts
21st Jul

A few weeks ago I noticed my daughter's eye was starting to cross.  Not constantly but just from time to time.  We took her in to do the infantsee.  My mom works for  an ophthalmologist back home and recommended to get it done.  However, the clinic here she saw a optometrist. From my knowledge ophthalmologist are more equipt to deal with younger children's vision since they have more training.  Anywho, The notes state that she has problems focusing on certain objects, moderate farsightedness, as well as a prescription of +4.25
My question is, what is a "normal" vision for a baby around 8 months old.  I am waiting for my mom to get the notes/exam to one of the doctors down there so they can look over them.  
If they are stating these things but tell me its nothing to worry about to wait a few more months before having anything down.  I was in and out of the clinic within 30 minutes, and felt very rushed.  The OD we saw didn't seem to be able to focus much as she was pregnant and due very soon.  So I'm sure she had a lot on her plate as well.  I'm just worried that this problem could get worse.  They told me "she really needs glasses but lets wait"  I have glasses as does my husband, so by no means do I want to put her in them if necessary.  
Any advice on how your LO's eye appointments went or suggestions toward what you would do are appreciated.  Please no negative feedback. 

3boys &1girl 4 kids; 2 angel babies; not saying, wi, United States 5802 posts
21st Jul

I'm not sure maybe because she is so young?  I think they normally wait until at least age 1 but I'm not sure. I didn't even notice my daughter's eye sight was bad until she was 3 and that's when I took her in, they told me that she was the most far sided child he's ever seen and put her in glasses right away, he started her on lower then upped them. But he was set on giving her glasses right away as he was very concerned her eyes would cross. So since your little ones already are starting to cross I'm suprise they would give her glasses asap. 

Bri Bug's momma Due November 26 (girl); 2 kids; 2 angel babies; Dickinson, ND, United States 508 posts
21st Jul

Quoting 3boys &1girl:
I'm not sure maybe because she is so young?  I think they normal wait until at least age 1 but I'm not sure. I didn't even notice my daughter's eye sight was bad until she was 3 and that when I took her in they told me that she was the most far sided child he's ever seen and put her in glasses right away, he started her on lower then upped them. But he was set on giving her glasses right away as he was very concerned her eyes would cross. So since your little ones already are starting to cross I'm suprise they would give her glasses asap. 

That's what I don't understand either.  The lady tried to tell me that her nose was to big and got in the way that's why it looked like they were crossed.  I know in newborns it's a little more normal to cross but her's didn't it's newly started so I'm not sure.  Hopefully my mom can get back to me within a day or two and see what her office says. 

3boys &1girl 4 kids; 2 angel babies; not saying, wi, United States 5802 posts
21st Jul

Quoting Bri Bug's momma:

That's what I don't understand either.  The lady tried to tell me that her nose was to big and got in the way that's why it looked like they were crossed.  I know in newborns it's a little more normal to cross but her's didn't it's newly started so I'm not sure.  Hopefully my mom can get back to me within a day or two and see what her office says. 

Hope you get answers,  good luck!