34 WEEKS CRAMPING SHARP NEEDLE PAIN AND BLEEDING Momma Ruby 18 kids; New Jersey 29 posts
9th Jul '08

IT STARTED WITH CRAMPS AND I DIDNT THINK MUCH OF THEM BUT WHEN I GOT HOME LATE THAT NIGHT AND SEEN I HAD SOME OUT OF NORMAL DISCHARGE LIKE MORE THAN USUAL I BECAME CONCERNED EVEN MORE SO WHEN I WIPED AND SAW I WAS SPOTTING
MY DR HAD ME GO IN TO LABOR AND DELIVERY TO BE CHECKED THEY THOUGHT I HAD A UTI BUT THAT WASNT THE CASE AFTER A CATHETER AND A CERVIX EXAM I WAS TOLD MY PULSE WAS LOW AND I WAS COMPLETE CLOSED I WAS THEN GIVEN A SHOT FOR SHARP PAINS AND TOLD IT MIGHT BE PRETERM LABOR I WAS SENT HOME
IN THE MORNING I AWOKE ONLY TO WIPE AGAIN AND SEE MORE BRIGHTER RED BLOOD AND CLOTTING I BECAME CONCERNED AND AGAIN ANOTHER MORNING IN ER THEY DID A U/S AND SOME BLOOD WORK.
NO CLUE AS TO WHY I WAS BLEEDING OR CRAMPING DR WERE CONFUSED THEY DISCHARGED ME PUT ME ON BED REST AND I WAS TOLD THAT BABY IS MEASURING AT 35 WEEKS SO HES DEF GONNA BE BIG...

IS THIS COMMON AT THE END I DUNNO JUST A LIL CONCERNED THANKS IN ADVANCE

2happy 2 kids; 3 angel babies; North Carolina 14739 posts
9th Jul '08

I'm not sure, but I wanted to wish you tons of luck and hope things get better!

Momma Ruby 18 kids; New Jersey 29 posts
9th Jul '08

THANKS I NEED LOTS OF LUCK AT THIS POINT :)

Mama to a Booger-Eater 4 kids; Middletown, Ohio 8926 posts
9th Jul '08

I dunno....I had some spotting and lost some mucous along with really bad crampsthe night before last but I called L&D and they told me not to come in unless I filled a pad with blood and/or had at least 5-6 contractions in an hour. :( I'm glad your doctor acctually did something about it (I've been trying to get in to see my doc but everytime I call they say she's not in.) I hope things get better for you and your little one stays in a few more weeks at least!

xLovIn_LifEx 1 child; Michigan 1238 posts
9th Jul '08

HHHHHHHELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

~*~Michelle~*~ Due March 12; 1 child; Massachusetts 444 posts
9th Jul '08

I feel your pain! I've been in and out of hte hosital since 34 weeks as well!! At 35 I was having intense cramping as well, it was awful. I was told I am 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced and she is in position. They sent me home becasue iwas "preterm"and they couldn't help me along. WhenI got home I had a bloody mess, mucuous and it was discusting. IT was definitely the rest of my mucuous plug plus bright red mucuous that they said was from the exam. I was back inthe hospital Sunday with contractions and they told me I had a irritated uterus because I'm so tiny and she is getting bigger and outgrowing the space but again they couldnt do anthing becauseI was still preterm. Today I am full term, so I hope if anything happens, they take her out, I'm in agony!

I would not worry, it is very normal at the end of pregnancy to see blood, feel pain and be nervous. I'm sure you are fine. Stick in there, you are not alone!

MandiJo☮ 18 kids; Pocatello, Idaho 8149 posts
9th Jul '08

Sounds aweful! I'm sorry you're going through this! I hope getting some rest helps!

Momma Ruby 18 kids; New Jersey 29 posts
9th Jul '08
Quoting ~*~Michelle~*~: