30 weeks & little movement Kristen515 2 kids; Savannah, Georgia 19594 posts
14th Jul '08

Today I have a HUGE concern. I am 30 weeks even. Up until Saturday, my little boy had been kicking up a storm. Then Saturday, I did a good bit of work around the house so I don't know if he was moving a lot or not. Then yesterday, hardly any movement. I listened to his heartbeat on the doppler and it was fine. The only reason I didn't call the doctor was because I knew that my 30 week appt was today. Which went fine. I expressed my concerns to the nurse practitioner that was seeing me. She said he was fine. His heartbeat was loud and clear. He even kicked the doppler. But I'm still worried. That appointment was 13 hours ago and he still has hardly moved today. Is anybody else going through this. I'm worrying myself to death. I am so scared that something is wrong. Please help.

Jaimie and Alexys's Mommy Due July 2; 34 kids; St Charles, Missouri 14944 posts
14th Jul '08
Quoting KSmith515:
Mama Rogers 2 kids; Georgia 15187 posts
14th Jul '08

Have you been pretty active today too? You may just be rocking him to sleep by moving around a lot. Try laying down in a quiet room and doing some kick counts and drink some OJ or a soda first to give him a little sugar boost. If you don't feel 10 kicks within an hour, hour and a half, then I'd talk to your doctor or go to the hospital. It is probably nothing, but do your kick counts and see!

Aroha1985 34 kids; Perth, Australia 95 posts
14th Jul '08

i'm not an expert, this is my first but the further along you are (closer to the end) they say the less room they have to move so you may not feel as much movement??
if your check up was all good i wouldn't worry too much (easier said than done).
Good luck!! i'm 30wks on Thursday!! yay

Carsons Mama** 16 kids; Ohio 177 posts
14th Jul '08

They say the more you move around they get rocked to sleep in your uterus. My lil guy seemed to slow down around 30 weeks but now he's really active again. Each day is different.Maybe it's because they go through different patterns of being asleep and awake.

Nut ღ Meg Beverly Hills, CA, United States 40235 posts
14th Jul '08

Babies can have "lazy" days.

Also if your moving around alot you can rock the baby to sleep or may not notice him moving since your up and busy.

If your really worried you can call L&D and ask for a NST.

14th Jul '08
Quoting Married Mama:
Mel ♥ Ella 17 kids; Arcadia, California 1768 posts
14th Jul '08

I have those worries all the time, and like you, I would immediately check for the heartbeat with my doppler too, and get a reassuring thump thump thump everytime. But I think these babies have their lazy days. There are days when she's moving a lot more, then there are days she almost sleeps all day and won't wake up no matter what I eat/do. Don't worry too much if your baby checks out fine at the doc's. The most reassuring thing to me is to know her measurements from the u/s. Now that I'm 32 weeks, I've read that babies start running out of room and could be considerably less active now. I'm a worry wart too, but ultimately our babies will me fine. :D

Kristen515 2 kids; Savannah, Georgia 19594 posts
14th Jul '08

I havn't been active today. Just sat at my desk at work for most of the day. I've read that they can become less active later in pregnancy, but this sudden decrease is what has me so worried. I mean, I had just commented to my mom on Friday that he kicks and squirms non-stop. Then Sunday & today--nada. I have felt some squirms in there, but not a single good kick.

14th Jul '08
Quoting Married Mama:
Dinca 81 kids; Antioch, California 6407 posts
14th Jul '08

Try drinking some orange juice and lay on your side. Do a kick count. He should kick 10 times within 30 minutes.

14th Jul '08
Quoting KSmith515:
14th Jul '08
Quoting KSmith515:
Mama Rogers 2 kids; Georgia 15187 posts
14th Jul '08
Quoting ♥ Mommy Meg ♥:
Jaimie and Alexys's Mommy Due July 2; 34 kids; St Charles, Missouri 14944 posts
14th Jul '08
Quoting ♥ Mommy Meg ♥: