22 Weeks Pregnant..Black Stool?! Love babyboy New York 776 posts
26th Jul '08

Sorry if it's too much info! I know it's gross, but has this happened to anyone?

I am not taking iron pills, just prenatal vitamins that my doctor prescribed me. This has never happened before!

It's like dark blackish greenish...yucky icky icky!! LOL Im sorry ladies!

Queen Jah Hajah. 2 kids; Michigan 40677 posts
26th Jul '08

What's black stool?

Anna_M 2 kids; Maryland 3818 posts
26th Jul '08
Quoting ♥Bellezza Pura
Melanie89 1 child; Arkansas 119 posts
26th Jul '08

I had that problem to and I was just taking prenatal, I don't know what caused it. I just figured it was something I ate. It did it for about 2 weeks and now its normal again.

Mommy of a giggler! 2 kids; Edmonton, Alberta 9017 posts
26th Jul '08

Black stool can be a sign that your colon is really getting cleaned out. It can be because of all the matter that was stuck in along the colon walls stripping out. It happens with some cleansing diets and such. If it presists, see a doc, but it's probably nothing to serious.

Love babyboy New York 776 posts
26th Jul '08
Quoting ♥Bellezza Pura
Love babyboy New York 776 posts
26th Jul '08
Quoting Melanie89:
Jen 182 2 kids; Tool, TX, United States 34174 posts
26th Jul '08
Quoting ♥Bellezza Pura
26th Jul '08
Quoting Bronx Mama!:
Queen Jah Hajah. 2 kids; Michigan 40677 posts
26th Jul '08
Quoting Jynefir Dyan:
26th Jul '08

its more of like a medical term i guess? i know when u get constipated and u can go you can buy vitamin like things over the counter called stool softeners... and like at the dr's office if they need a urine sample its pee if they need a stool sample its poo.

Buh Byyyyyye Batman, Turkey 50586 posts
27th Jul '08
Quoting Bronx Mama!:
I'm the Juggernaut b***h! 1 child; Pennsylvania 7013 posts
27th Jul '08

Black poop can mean you are bleeding in there! :shock:

gnome 33 kids; Virginia 359 posts
27th Jul '08

There is enough extra iron in just your prenatals to cause your stool to darken. Happened to me.

Try loading up on colon cleansing foods like fruits, vegetables and fibers and see if that helps. If not, then maybe ask your doctor.

Mel ♥ Ella 17 kids; Arcadia, California 1768 posts
27th Jul '08

Your prenatals already have extra iron in it that will make your poop darker. Hopefully you won't need to, but wait til you have to take an iron pill 3x a day, now that's black!