34 weeks...swelling in only ONE foot???? ♥ Jenay ♥ 2 kids; Chesapeake, Virginia 719 posts
21st Aug '08

This is weird... I'm 34 weeks, and haven't REALLY had any issues (aside from the extreme bitchiness!) but...i recently (within the last week) started to notice that my left foot was swelling a little more than my right foot. I have a 7 year old, so yea, I'm fully aware that your feet are supposed to swell, but yesterday I REALLY noticed the difference. Today, my left foot has swollen up to be even MORE bigger than my right foot! It's like I have elephantitus or something! It's really painful to walk on, too...almost like a numbing sensation shooting all the way up my left leg. The swelling starts in my toes and goes all the way through my ankle and up my leg into my knee. When I stand up, the skin in the bend of my foot overlaps too, now. Almost like I have a small jelly roll on the top of my foot. It's REALLY painful and there's tons of pressure.

Has anyone else had this happen? Well, yea...I know that BOTH feet are supposed to swell...but just ONE foot? This is a little weird!

Thanks for listening to me complain...I can't WAIT to have this baby! LOL

Pinky-Ascher's Mama 1 child; Washington 887 posts
21st Aug '08

Yeah - a week ago... and my whole left leg was noticeably gigantic compared to my right... it went away in the morning, but the swelling didn't go down til I went to sleep.... :)

♥n' Camila-Rose 49 kids; Wildomar, California 728 posts
21st Aug '08

You should get it checked out, it could be a blood clot.

momof2beautifulgirls 2 kids; Arkansas 1035 posts
21st Aug '08

that happened to me when i was preggo and the dr said it was the baby laying on a nerve causing my swelling in just my left foot... just keep you feet elevated as much as you can

Pinky-Ascher's Mama 1 child; Washington 887 posts
21st Aug '08
Quoting Lovin'Life:
♥ Jenay ♥ 2 kids; Chesapeake, Virginia 719 posts
21st Aug '08

I go to the doc on Monday...I'm gonna raise hell about it. I started noticing a slight difference right before my last appt 2 weeks ago, and the doc didn't seem to care. Just said that there's nothing I can do about it...that the baby's just sitting on a nerve...so I let it go. but, I started noticing the pain yesterday and the day before...and it's even worse (and bigger today!) I deliver pizza for a living on Fri & Sat nights so Im really hoping this doesn't get any worse before tomorrow...if it does Im in for a hell of a lot more pain....

Focused & Determined 2 kids; Omaha, Nebraska 448 posts
21st Aug '08

I have the same thing going on in my rigth foot. Its been like that for almost 2 months. The doc was concerned so he ordered a ultrasound for my legs to check for a clot. There wasnt one. But ask your doc jus in case.

Charity loves Talon 1 child; Las Vegas, Nevada 1492 posts
21st Aug '08

isn't elephantitis when you have really gigantic testicles?

*googles it*

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

LFimage2a.png
:!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

♥n' Camila-Rose 49 kids; Wildomar, California 728 posts
21st Aug '08
Quoting Charity ::MAEK:::
Charity loves Talon 1 child; Las Vegas, Nevada 1492 posts
21st Aug '08

i totally have AC/DC stuck in my head.

"we've got the biggest BALLS OF THEM ALL!"

chanya lennon and snuggi 2 kids; Merrillville, Indiana 3722 posts
21st Aug '08

yes, it happens. im having the swollen one foot issue myself.

chanya lennon and snuggi 2 kids; Merrillville, Indiana 3722 posts
21st Aug '08
Quoting Charity ::MAEK:::
♥ Jenay ♥ 2 kids; Chesapeake, Virginia 719 posts
22nd Aug '08

ROFLMAO! THAT is funny! I thought you could get that stuff anywhere though.... I didn't know it was just limited to balls ROFL :) Now, my foot hasn't swollen up quite THAT huge...perhaps it was an exaggeration, but...damn if it don't hurt like hell!

I couldn't imagine balls that big.... makes pushing out a kid look kinda easy