Reply
2cm dialated, 70% effaced J 1 child; Florida 773 posts
27th Aug '08

Thats what the doctor told me today and with that being said i dont know exactly how close that is. Does that mean ill have him in the next couple days?? And what exactly does effacement mean... I looked it up and still didnt really understand...I was too excited to ask the doctor but she said i have to go tomorrow for an ultrasound and theyll give me a date next week and induce me...will i last that long?? im so excited but very confused :roll:

Karaina22 Due December 2; 1 child; Alaska 1622 posts
27th Aug '08

effaced mean's how thin your uterus is...you have to be 100% effaced & 10 cm dialated before you push. =) So 70% is sounding pretty dang good! Congrat's girlie, hang in there!

Destinite 1 child; 2 angel babies; Paradise, FL, United States 31405 posts
27th Aug '08
Quoting [Sean's Future Mommy]xo:
J 1 child; Florida 773 posts
27th Aug '08

ok thank you :D

Rowan's Momma 1 child; Colorado 874 posts
27th Aug '08

Being dilated to 2cm doesn't mean you'll have the baby soon, and effacement means that your cervix is soft (not completely though at 70%) and is thinning out to prepare for birth. You honestly could be stuck at 2cm for a while unfortunately :(

Its*me 1 child; Minnesota 4514 posts
27th Aug '08

why are you being induced if your not due till sep 14th. and your making good progress?

J 1 child; Florida 773 posts
27th Aug '08

i have no idea why they wanna induce me next week... i was checked last week and my cervix was closed and i wasnt dialated at all so it was kind of a shock when she said i was dialated...i still have about 2 and a half weeks before im due too and my mom doesnt think they should induce me either....i go back for an ultrasound tomorrow and im gunna talk to the ACTUAL doctor...

Jen 182 3 kids; Texas 34174 posts
27th Aug '08

it can take a while... heres how my appts went...



36weeks 2 days - 1cm, somewhat starting to efface



37weeks 3days - 3cm, 70% effaced, stationed at -2



38weeks3days - 5cm, 80% effaced, stationed at -1



39weeks 3days - 7cm, 80% effaced, stationed at -2



when i was 5cm the dr sent me to the hospital to see if my conractions were regular or not because at 4cm you are considered in active labor, but i told her i wasnt feeling anything strong or regular. the hospital confirmed i wasnt strong or regular with my contractions and asked me if i wanted to go home or stay. i left because i was hungry, thinking i would be back that night or the next day. i ended up making it til my next dr appt though. by then i was 7cm and the dr said okay go to the hospital and i will break your water, you are having this baby today! and i did. so needless to say i had a pretty easy labor. didnt really feel strong contractions until after they broke my water and gave me some pitocin to speed things up. then i got staydol and an epi before pushing him out so it wasnt that bad. the pushing part did hurt a lot and i thought it was lasting forever while i was doing it, but in reality it was maybe 45 minutes of pushing. i got to the hospital at 1pm. water broke at 3:30. had my baby at 9:11pm.



i was offered to set up an induction date at the appt they told me i was 3cm, and then again when i went to the hosp at 5cm, but turned them both down and decided to wait for labor because there was no medical reason to induce and i hear they usually end in c-sections if u do it before baby is ready. also i wasnt even past my due date. my baby came 5 days early.




anyways - you could stay at 2cm for weeks or not.. it all depends onyour baby. no one knows but him!

Jen 182 3 kids; Texas 34174 posts
27th Aug '08
Quoting [Sean's Future Mommy]xo:
J 1 child; Florida 773 posts
27th Aug '08
Quoting Jett's Mom! [+ sz mommy]:
Jen 182 3 kids; Texas 34174 posts
27th Aug '08
Quoting [Sean's Future Mommy]xo:
Its*me 1 child; Minnesota 4514 posts
27th Aug '08

I did not want to be induced at all but i still wasnt dilating at 41 weeks and so at 41 weeks 3 days my Dr made me be induced and it was horrible! if i ever have another baby i will def look into an elective csection.


my advice is dont be induced if there is no reason.. i had a reason and it was still horrible!

J 1 child; Florida 773 posts
27th Aug '08

i meant to say induce in my last post!! (sorry) but i think ill talk to the doctor because alot of people who had rough labors got induced and i want to have his birthdate be special and not one my doctor picks out....ive had a good pregnancy and i think theres no reason for me getting induced.

Its*me 1 child; Minnesota 4514 posts
28th Aug '08

well good luck girl!! I hope everything works out for you!!

And I am happy to hear that you will wait for your baby to come, and not let the Drs tell you when you baby will come!

J 1 child; Florida 773 posts
28th Aug '08

Turns out the doctor wanted to induce me because of my blood pressure not being too great... She wants to take a "precaution", so i will be induced on labor day which is great but im still skeptical about the whole thing... Sean will be here September 1st or 2nd (possibley 3rd if my cervix doesnt thin out the first time around) I go for a stress test saturday and its possible theyll keep me and induce me if somethings not right but im not really worried because i have an active baby with a good strong heartbeat in me =) wish me luck xoxox