Reply
Bleach in open wounds? ......................... 5 kids; Nevada 2567 posts
30th Aug '08

Okay, so for the past 2 1/2 weeks or so, I've had poison ivy... and nothings been working, I've been using peroxide, alcohol, and calamine lotion, I've heard of numerous household remedies, but apparently in my house we have none of them. One thing my friend suggested to me that works nearly instantly, is bleach. open all your wounds (scratch the shit out of your poison ivy) and take a cloth with bleach on it and put it on the rash. Now, I'm about to do this, because my ivy keeps spreading, and now even little kiley has it on her cheek... but bleach getting in your system doesnt sound very safe to me... any opinions on doing it? hah, I'm nervous.

3 kids; nowhere, ca, United States 46959 posts
30th Aug '08

That doesn't sound safe at all.

3 kids; nowhere, ca, United States 46959 posts
30th Aug '08
*alyssa* Pennsylvania 12234 posts
30th Aug '08

sounds painful

pooskie ™ TOG 1 child; Idaho 4915 posts
30th Aug '08

bleach is a toxin...right? which is why the cap on bleach is usually child proof....
sounds...sketchy




ETA * i just googled this
"If you are talking about splashing bleach on a cut - you don't get any in your bloodstream. If you are talking about injecting bleach into a blood vessel, that would potentially be very damaging.

Blankita™© 1 child; Columbus, Ohio 56805 posts
30th Aug '08

My moms boyfriend does it .

mamato6 vba4c successful Phoenix, Arizona 10644 posts
30th Aug '08

I would not try that! It does not sound safe at all. Try to call your baby's pedi and talk to the on call doctor. They might have better suggestions.

Naturally Natalie 1 child; Oceanside, California 2129 posts
30th Aug '08

uh that is the dumbest thing i've ever herd of...

♥PaleIsTheNewTan 1 child; Oceanside, 12066 posts
30th Aug '08
Quoting ♥ D'Ann ♥:
Booperelli 2 kids; Eaton Rapids, Michigan 8 posts
30th Aug '08

For the love of God please do not put bleach in your open wounds.

user banned Manchester Township, New Jersey 5430 posts
30th Aug '08

First of all, bleach on an open wound...sucks! Just go to the Dr.

pooskie ™ TOG 1 child; Idaho 4915 posts
30th Aug '08

i found this too



Bleach Household bleach can be used to remove the poison ivy resin and treat the itch. Dab the affected area with a cotton ball soaked in a mixture of half water/half bleach. If you put this solution on blisters, they should be gone the next day. Should the above remedy irritate your skin, try making a wet compress and add some table salt or Epsom salts to the mixture, and apply for 30 minutes. This will help dry out the area.

......................... 5 kids; Nevada 2567 posts
30th Aug '08
Quoting poosk:
......................... 5 kids; Nevada 2567 posts
30th Aug '08
Quoting poosk:
Naturally Natalie 1 child; Oceanside, California 2129 posts
30th Aug '08
Quoting ♥ D'Ann ♥: