6 weeks pregnant, brown spotting... miscarriage? =+Destiny+= 1 child; Texas 5 posts
2nd Oct '08

This afternoon, I wiped and got a smallamount of brown discharge. It wasnt in my underwear, and it stopped almost as soon as it started. There is still a very small amount of blood inside, but its not coming out.
I also have some cramps and a lot of nausia.

I took a pregnancy test and it was still positive and it came out very dark.

Does this sound ok? Or should I worry?

*~Bunny~Hump~* 1 child; North Dakota 6820 posts
2nd Oct '08

6 weeks.. brown blood sounds okay to me, because it means it's old blood ,probably your implantation spotting (I got it aound 7 weeks, it was brown and red and i soaked a whole pad) everything was fine though,

don't worry you are just fine. The cramping is probably just your uterus stretching, however if it picks up go to the doctor..(same with the bleeding)

mariposa29 50 kids; Ohio 1327 posts
2nd Oct '08
Quoting =+Destiny+=:
BAЯBIE 18 kids; Dildo, 42341 posts
2nd Oct '08

If it continues, I'd say you should go to the ER just to be sure that everything is ok

tamirae Biscoe, North Carolina 1190 posts
2nd Oct '08

I don't know...it happens to a lot of women and it's nothing. It happened to me and I ended up having a mc. If you see it again call your doctor, they'll check your hcg levels and can do an ultrasound to see if things are ok

good bye Ohio 5998 posts
2nd Oct '08

brown is okay..brown is OLD blood.
red is BAD!

A ♥s E.T. Due March 14; 18 kids; Cheyenne, Wyoming 21773 posts
2nd Oct '08

If you have bright red blood or have heavy bleeding (more than one pad in an hour) then you need to go to the ER.

Like the other girls said, brown means old blood, that's a good sign. Nausea is too. Morning sickness means your hormone levels are high, which is a very good sign of a sticking baby!

Try not to stress. Good luck!

Becky + 2 TTC since May 2012; 2 kids; Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom 2628 posts
2nd Oct '08

i had brown blood the other week, and i also has 3 red spots of blood before 12 weeks after sex, i still would go to the doc, i did and she did a swab and checked for infection, best to be safe than sorri!! it could be implantation bleeding though, but give your midwife a call to reassure you xxx

tamirae Biscoe, North Carolina 1190 posts
2nd Oct '08
Quoting Kaydens M♥mmy:
good bye Ohio 5998 posts
2nd Oct '08
Quoting tamirae:
PregnantAnn United Kingdom 39 posts
2nd Oct '08

I am 10 weeks.

mom of 2 boys and a girl 3 kids; 3 angel babies; Apple Valley, CA, United States 153 posts
2nd Oct '08
Quoting =+Destiny+=:
*Amo a Mis Nenas* 3 kids; Birmingham, Alabama 8838 posts
2nd Oct '08
Quoting =+Destiny+=:
mamaof415618 Due March 6; 3 kids; Avonmore, Pennsylvania 1 posts
11th Jul '12

i am going through the same thing now so reading that the brownish color is normal im feeling better but i am laying in my bed relaxing cuz i dont want to risk anything till i go see my doctor so thank you ladies for the peace of mind

Gen40 Due December 6; Petworth, United Kingdom 155 posts
11th Jul '12
Quoting =+Destiny+=:" This afternoon, I wiped and got a smallamount of brown discharge. It wasnt in my underwear, and it stopped ... [snip!] ... nausia. I took a pregnancy test and it was still positive and it came out very dark. Does this sound ok? Or should I worry?"

Hi there, they say the brown stuff is okay, its the bright red new blood that is the one to get checked out.

Last year on my first pregnancy, I did get spotting but that then very quickly turned to new blood followed by pain and I had a miscarriage however this year I had the brown spotting again and thought I was having another miscarriage but I wasn't - and this time around my blood spots went on for about a week too. So your spotting being the colour it is sounds normal to me. Best wishes!!