38 weeks and no braxton hicks...??? Lily&Nora'sMommy Due October 9; 2 kids; USA 686 posts
21st Dec '08

Im 38wks, 2days and Ive never had any braxton hicks contractions ( from what I can tell)..what does this mean? Does this mean Im going to go past my due date or that my body isnt preparing? Anybody else not experience them? What happened when you went into labor? It kinda feels like I am going to be pregnant forever. =/ So to hear other peoples stories and opinions and such would be nice.

Mrs. Q 1 child; El Paso, Texas 1165 posts
21st Dec '08

I never had any either or atleast I never felt any.

proud new momma! 1 child; Massachusetts 142 posts
21st Dec '08

my sister who has 4 children .. the youngest being 2 didnt even know what the heck i was talking about when i said braxton hicks.. so apparently she didnt have any with any of her children... but i am .. so lucky me.. it doesnt mean u will go late, u just might not even notice them yet

user banned Shreveport, Louisiana 66739 posts
21st Dec '08

a lot of women dont feel them, your body is still getting ready just the same :)

Lil LoLo's Mommy 4 kids; Elkhart, Indiana 4807 posts
21st Dec '08
Quoting Kaili Dean:
xojessi143 2 kids; Florida 565 posts
21st Dec '08

im 34 weeks i havent felt them as of yet, will be watching this thread!! very curious!! im starting to feel like ive been pregnant forever and now all the aches and pains have been after me!! New ache/pain::: Right side Rib pain!!! ugh!! =[[

Barfy McVomitron Due July 19; 4 kids; Glen Burnie, Maryland 29256 posts
21st Dec '08

I've heard alot of people don't feel them with their first very often.
I didn't with my son. With my second and thirdI definitely feel them.....and feel them at least a couple times an hour. Sucks.....

Barfy McVomitron Due July 19; 4 kids; Glen Burnie, Maryland 29256 posts
21st Dec '08
Quoting Expecting Harlow Skye:
RNmama [J.M.M] Due August 16; 17 kids; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1073 posts
21st Dec '08

i'm almost 37 weeks and I can't say that I have or haven't had them but if I am having them, I am not recognizing them. I have like menstrual cramps here and there and sometimes i get a bad back pain but i am not sure that it's BH or not. BUT....last time i was checked im 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated so either i am having them and im not aware or your body can prepare without having them. either way im sure your body is making progress!!

Lily&Nora'sMommy Due October 9; 2 kids; USA 686 posts
21st Dec '08
Quoting Tristan [Team BLUE!!!]:
RNmama [J.M.M] Due August 16; 17 kids; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1073 posts
21st Dec '08
Quoting Kaili Dean:
***Team Jacob*** 2 kids; California 4066 posts
21st Dec '08
Quoting Kaili Dean:
MamaX4 3 kids; Oak Harbor, Washington 79 posts
23rd Dec '08

I didn't have any BH with my first two, but my third I did, and now fourth is like crazy. I am about 2 cm dilated and about 60% effaced and have been progressing the last two weeks. I would say if you haven't been progressing each time the dr. has checked you then chances are you may not go into labor early (sorry!); especially since it is your first. Just do what you can to try to get it going: walking, sex, keigels, bumpy ride in the car, lol...I'm sure you've been told all those things. :) Hope it comes soon, I know I'm super anxious and just ready to have my stinkin body back! lol