2 Month old, cutting teeth? Randee 1 child; Ypsilanti, Michigan 610 posts
25th Jan '09

My son is 9 weeks old, and can't seem to stop gnawing on his hands.
I stick his passy in his mouth, and he doesn't want it. He spits it out, and sticks his hands/thumbs in his mouth once again.
He's been kinda drooly lately, and people have said that he might have some teeth heading up towards his gums.

Anyone else going through, or has went through this?
I don't know if he just LOVES his hands, or if he might be possible starting to cut teeth.
help.

heather+kaden♥ Due December 1; 1 child; South Carolina 1388 posts
25th Jan '09

Kaden's two months and he's doing the SAME thing.
He'll spit his passy out as soon as i put it in his mouth. And now that i think of he drools a lot more lately too. And he is SUPER whiney...hmm? Maybe they are cutting teeth! =]

Rebel 2 kids; Louisiana 5414 posts
25th Jan '09

It's always possible. You won't know until a tooth comes in though. It could just be that he's learning how to work his tongue better or accidently pushing his passy out.

Brightside 2 kids; Bald Knob, Arkansas 58130 posts
25th Jan '09

sounds like he just found his hands. babies do this. they figure out "ohh shizz i have one of these? what is this? nom nom nom"

cutting teeth that early is rare. it happens but its not very likely
he probably just figured out what his hands were and hes trying them out :D
remember, babies suck on thier hands all the time in the womb. so hes used to it :D

samantha =) 1 child; Georgia 52 posts
25th Jan '09

Hunter does the same thing and he is 3 months old, i though he was cutting teeth but i think hes just playing with his hands but he has also been very whiney but you never know, my neice started cutting teeth at 2 months so its possible

Kelly +2 2 kids; California 6398 posts
25th Jan '09

He may just prefer his hands over his paci. It's so possible though 'cause Grey is teething &almost 3MO. You can see little white bumps on his bottom gums &I asked his pedi &she said "YES, go get orajel!" Soo idk!
I would just pull down his lip &check to see if you see anything.

Jordan. 1 child; St. Louis, Missouri 339 posts
25th Jan '09

Addison is doing the same thing....her doctor said she isn't teething, though.

heather+kaden♥ Due December 1; 1 child; South Carolina 1388 posts
25th Jan '09
Quoting Jordan.:
25th Jan '09
Quoting kellyc↔greysen:
busymama 3 kids; Wyoming 1006 posts
25th Jan '09

My daughter is 4 months and has been doing the same thing since she was about 3 months. She drools and drools, fussy, chewing on anything and everything especially her hands. Her pedi said she probably is teething but she most likely wont pop out any teeth till around 6 months.

25th Jan '09
Quoting ♥ Brightside:
25th Jan '09
Quoting kellyc↔greysen:
25th Jan '09
Quoting ♥ Brightside:
25th Jan '09
Quoting kellyc↔greysen: