39 weeks and bleeding. what is going on? oh_baby09 Pennsylvania 7373 posts
10th Mar '09

okay, i just had my 39 week appointment today. i'm 3cm dialated, almost 4cm he said and my cervix is all thinned out. he told me i should have some spotting after the exam. well, that was at 11:15. it is now 1:30 and i've had some heavier bleeding then what i would call spotting. i had on a panty liner and it filled that completely. i just went to the bathroom and there was a decent sized blood clot. what the hell is going on? is this what people call "the bloody show"? i'm waiting for my doctor's office to get back from lunch so i can get ahold of them. but is this normal? i asked a few people i know and they said they didn't have this. so does anyone know what this is all about?

♥myfunnyguys♥ 3 kids; Nebraska 20448 posts
10th Mar '09

I'm not sure, but I would go to the hospital

~.~ Bridgetown, Barbados 18018 posts
10th Mar '09

I would phone your ER. Just to make sure its nothing to worry about. Spotting can be anything from a few spots to full out bleeding but I would still call.

Super Woman 52 kids; Wyoming 3937 posts
10th Mar '09
Quoting oh_baby09:
Nastassja Makennah's mom TTC since Jun 2011; 1 child; Pittsfield, Maine 7784 posts
10th Mar '09

Im saying your going into labor.

Yeah Id say your having your bloody show

Labor dust and safe healthy delivery to you.

Renay Bockes 1 child; Lincoln, Missouri 3874 posts
10th Mar '09

Sounds like the clot could be your mucus plug, with the exam you just had, he might have 'knocked' it loose lol. and those added together might seem like a lot, when i passeed my mucus plug, right after my first exam too, it was a blood clot almost the size of a ping pong ball. it scared the crap out of me. my hubby rushed me to L&D and i was so embarrased when they said it was just the MP

Disappearing Meemz 15 kids; Indiana 88176 posts
10th Mar '09

It kind of sounds like bloody show to me. That's way heavier than spotting. Sounds like someone may be having a baby soon! Good luck!

Momma to almost 4 Due September 6 (boy); 19 kids; Delaware 2746 posts
10th Mar '09

hmm... I dunno but I know my doctor told me if I saw any bleeding to go ahead in to L&D.... especially if there was a clot... I think light spotting is ok after exams but not that much... It could be nothing but it could be something. better safe than sorry right.. oh and my friend had a ton of bleeding with her first like period like right before she had her daughter and everything turned out fine. they never did tell her what it was either.

oh_baby09 Pennsylvania 7373 posts
10th Mar '09
Quoting Mimi*FTW*:
10th Mar '09
Quoting Expecting again!!:
"The Boob" [HM] 2 kids; Kingman, Arizona 15719 posts
10th Mar '09
Quoting oh_baby09:
10th Mar '09
Quoting Waitin' For Abbie:
~.~ Bridgetown, Barbados 18018 posts
10th Mar '09

I'm changing my answer. Go to L&D

Kathy {30+} 5 kids; Massachusetts 8711 posts
10th Mar '09
Quoting oh_baby09:
Queen Rosa 3 kids; Sarasota, Florida 4953 posts
10th Mar '09

sounds like you should head over to L&D, you may be about to start labor, that doesn't sound like normal bleeding after an exam, sounds like labor about to start type of bleeding