37 weeks bright red blood Mrs. A Due January 4; 2 kids; Savannah, Georgia 2614 posts
14th Mar '09

So DH and I just got done messing around and since then I've had some cramping. Well when I just went to the bathroom and wiped there was a little tiny bit of bright red blood in there. It was just a tiny bit but if it does increase (I put a pad one so I could see how much it is) what should I do and what does it mean? I know that brown blood is old blood but what does bright red blood mean?

DunerMommy Due October 1; 1 child; California 1434 posts
14th Mar '09

it means u poked ur babys eye.... just kidding.... sorry im not sure but cramping and bright blood id call the dr

Mrs. A Due January 4; 2 kids; Savannah, Georgia 2614 posts
14th Mar '09
Quoting DunerMommy:
Tara[♥♥] 2 kids; Oklahoma 4681 posts
14th Mar '09

If it increases, maybe he did some damage to something up in there? I would deffinently call into L&D if it keeps up.

*************** 66 kids; Iowa 33630 posts
14th Mar '09

Id call your OB. Just to be safe.
Good luck, hope everything is ok!!

14th Mar '09

its not possible... im so glad its not!

So i remember now that when i was first preggo they said sometimes sex bright blood can happen with no cramping and it just means ur cervix tore a little or something like that, dont quote me on it... im super tired but it wasnt anything major unless there was cramping... but ur far along so idk

Lovin' My Family!!! 2 kids; Pennsylvania 11693 posts
14th Mar '09

awww...i hear it's normal after sex, but if it keeps coming then you need to call dr hun. but other than that you are fine!

MonsterBoobs 7083 posts
14th Mar '09

I think its normal to bleed (spotting) after messing around.. but if it gets heavy.. then call the doc.

Jessica + 2 34 kids; Texas 7364 posts
14th Mar '09

i was just at the hospital today for brown blood... she told me to come back if i had some BRIGHT red blood.. i would call your dr hun. Although sex would have something to do with the blood, that was one of the questions she asked me.
Keep us updated :-)

Jana ♥ 2 kids; New Mexico 160 posts
14th Mar '09

Bright red bleeding that late in pregnancy can be a sign of something serious, so I would call if it keeps up or increases. Just to be safe!!

14th Mar '09

Thank you ladies. Yea Im going to keep an eye on it and hope that it stops but if not im going to call and see what they say.

14th Mar '09

keep us updated and good luck!

and good nite =-D

Lovin' My Family!!! 2 kids; Pennsylvania 11693 posts
14th Mar '09
Quoting Army_Wife08:
14th Mar '09
Quoting B-U-R-G-O-S:
J,K, and E 1 child; Tacoma, Washington 55 posts
16th Mar '09

I know this reply is late, but the same thing happend to me. It is just a little spotting because your cervix is soft from getting ready for the baby. If the blood did increase and the cramping did to, you probably have some early labor, if not, then it's nothing to worry about.