1 year molars? Our little miracle Emily 17 kids; West Virginia 4506 posts
15th Mar '09

I am wondering if anyones little ones has gotten the 1 years molars yet? If so did they fever with them?

Emily started running a 102.4 fever out of the blue today. No other symptoms. I finally got a call back from the nurse and she said if it continued to bring her in in case it is a UTI? She said they don't run fevers when teething. I know many kids who have. Now I am worried.

Coyster 1 child; Oregon 4201 posts
15th Mar '09

Mine does..and diarrea.

♥Briea♥ 2 kids; San Antonio, Texas 4524 posts
15th Mar '09
Quoting Mrs. Isaac:
Our little miracle Emily 17 kids; West Virginia 4506 posts
15th Mar '09

She has never had a fever this high before.

Jennick.1113 36 kids; New York 7299 posts
15th Mar '09

My son has fevers when he is teething also, but even on the back of the orajel tube it says that fevers are not a normal part of teething :?

Either way, my son is 18 months old and has been in the process of getting his molars for about 5 weeks now. One finally cut through about 2 weeks ago, but hasnt come down any further. Poor boy is miserable!

Good luck!

user banned 2 kids; Georgia 43866 posts
15th Mar '09

All the books I've always read say that a fever is not really a normal part of teething and that it could be a sign of an infection! Good luck, mama.

Deleted_profile 17 kids; Beverly Hills, California 1699 posts
15th Mar '09

Kalie has had an unexplained high fever since Wednesday. She had a mild cold all week (not enough for fever) and now has an ear infection (has never ran a fever this high with her ears before) but she is also cutting her top 2 front teeth and molars all at the same time. I really think the teeth is what's causing the fever. We've had her at the doctor and urgent care and all they found was her ears which I was expecting with her cold. I feel for you, we're on day 5 and this is horrible. She is screaming in pain and will not eat at all. we've had moments of her being calm but she's a different baby right now. Motrin alone has stopped working, we have been giving her a dose of Tylenol 3 hours after her Motrin dose.. that is keeping her in the low 100's. Hope Emily is feeling better soon. It's hard on her and momma too!!

Avelynn & Irelynn's Mommy 18 kids; Rockton, Illinois 780 posts
15th Mar '09

My daughter did the same thing today. She kept holding her face and putting her fingers in her mouth like she was trying to get something. I gave her tylenol twice. Fever has been gone for a couple of hours and seems to be feeling fine now. I was thinking molars also.

15th Mar '09

She has chewed her fingers and thumb to pieces like there is no tomorrow for weeks now. but like I said fever but no other signs o symptoms of anything. She ate normal and played normal today.

Thanks mommas.

Deleted_profile 17 kids; Beverly Hills, California 1699 posts
15th Mar '09
Quoting Our little miracle Emily:
15th Mar '09
Quoting ♥Kaliebug♥:
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy Due September 9; 1 child; Zimbabwe 42927 posts
15th Mar '09

My doc said they may run a low grade fever with teething, but if it's over 100/101 (true temp) Then it's something else...

Jamil has had a few episodes where he just had a fever with no other symptoms... Always freaks me out when he gets a temp, but he's always fine...

Summer lovin' 2 kids; Michigan 57412 posts
16th Mar '09

Lydia hasn't, but my siblings ran fevers and vomited with every tooth

Lydia gets a runny nose and cough from the drainage for a week before every tooth

16th Mar '09

Got back from the dr. they tested for the flu and it is neg. she had the flu shots, but there is a new strain that she was not proteced against. He said to mix 1/2 pedialyte and 1/2 milk for her and keep an eye on her temps. If no better by wed. we have to return and they will cath her and check for UTI.

She was fevered all night. It was 102.4 again this am. She is not herself at all. Super fussy, and will NOT allow me to check her mouth (teeth). he looked the best he could, but hard to see when pitching a fit and crying. Ears were fine also.

Am praying it pass over and be done. Also praying we don't get anything that was in the waiting room. It ws packed with sick kids!

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy Due September 9; 1 child; Zimbabwe 42927 posts
16th Mar '09
Quoting Our little miracle Emily: