32 weeks and cramping pain-what could it be? *Abby* Lola's Mommy Due May 4; 1 child; Texas 1017 posts
20th Mar '09

I'm 32 weeks and for the last 30 minutes I've had what feels like period cramps in the lower part of my belly. I've been having Braxton Hicks where it feels like my entire belly bunches and hardens up but this doesn't harden, it just hurts. Anybody else had this happen?

Prego1 1 child; Virginia 53 posts
20th Mar '09

I am almost 38 weeks and I have 3 different kinds of Braxton Hicks. They are ones that start in my back work their way to my belly and hardens these are painful then the aftermath is cramps in my lower pelvis area that are like period cramps. The third is the ones that just harden my belly they don't hurt. Hope this helps

*~Bunny~Hump~* 1 child; North Dakota 6820 posts
20th Mar '09

Sounds like it's just the way the baby is laying , maybe more stretching/ligament pain... unless it comes and goes in waves, then there might be a problem.

*Abby* Lola's Mommy Due May 4; 1 child; Texas 1017 posts
20th Mar '09
Quoting ~Snuggles~♥(GDS):
Mommy...maybe? San Francisco, California 302 posts
20th Mar '09
Quoting *Abby* Waiting on Lola:
HBMommy NWife California 1483 posts
20th Mar '09

I am 32 weeks as well, had the same thing all last night. I went and saw the Dr today... turns out I was constipated and it was causing irritability to my uterus.... He did an exam and my cervix is a little short... but Im not dialated at all or effaced... He suggested I get some perinal colace and drink lots of water... I am feeling better now and the cramping has subsided since I had a BM... Good Luck momma..................

20th Mar '09

Thanks ladies:). Haven't ever felt these before other than when I'm on my period so I wanted to make sure it was normal to experience them. :)

Nikki Lowry Due August 5; 1 child; Erie, Pennsylvania 505 posts
22nd Mar '09

I had period-type cramps around 28 weeks. It was so weird. I only had them one night and now I have the type you described where your belly hardens then softens. I'm thinking they are braxton-hicks. My childbirth teacher said it's normal to start getting back cramps soon --if they are irregular. That shocked me. I thought you didn't feel anything until like 38 weeks! Hang in there. Heating pads work wonders for me.

23rd Mar '09
Quoting Lucy's mommy to be:
Nikki Lowry Due August 5; 1 child; Erie, Pennsylvania 505 posts
24th Mar '09

ha ha ha! Things always mysteriously disappear from my parent's house after I am there too!