2 year old with a lump on side of neck camsmommy926 3 kids; Wisconsin 620 posts
6th Apr '09

my son is 2 years old and well he has always had a small pea or alittle largersized lump on the side of his neck since I can remember. Its on the right side I think its his lymp node well anywaysI was reading about them online and they say it could be leukimia... well ofcourse like any other mom I am now sitting here at 10 at night and freaking out that hes got cancer. I was wondering if any other moms on here had there kids have this and what the outcome was. Thanks moms!

Runαwαy Slave 1 child; New Orleans, Louisiana 65504 posts
6th Apr '09

Gavin has 2 and his pedi says they are fine

user banned 3 kids; Florence, South Carolina 39499 posts
6th Apr '09

Look up Branchial Cleft Cyst. That's what my daughter has.

......................... Beverly Hills, California 2969 posts
6th Apr '09

My son gets random lumps...but it's always a gland. It goes away pretty quick. If your son's doesn't go away, I would have the doctor check it.

camsmommy926 3 kids; Wisconsin 620 posts
6th Apr '09
Quoting Runaway Slave:
MamaCass{+JOE} 3 kids; 1 angel baby; Pennsylvania 42358 posts
6th Apr '09

They only signal leukemia if they are hard and don't move.

If you can move them around, they are fine.

Julia has two of them, they are harmless. They are pretty common.

babymakes6 4 kids; Winston-Salem, 107 posts
6th Apr '09

i doubt it is cancer since the lump has been there as long as you can remember . my niece is 14 and she has had one on each side all her life it just means that they are bigger than other kids if the doctor thought it was an issue he would have said something, everything you rread doesnt mean your child has it a friend of mine is like that but she takes trips to the emergency room everytime she goes to webmd.com because she believes that her daughter has something new

Sandra Dee 2 kids; Grand Junction, Colorado 660 posts
6th Apr '09
Quoting camsmommy926:
6th Apr '09
Quoting Cass ♥ Julia:
Runαwαy Slave 1 child; New Orleans, Louisiana 65504 posts
6th Apr '09
Quoting camsmommy926:
6th Apr '09

Ok thank you you all made me feel alot better I am just going to have the doctor double check them atleast I am not flipping out argh my hubby keeps telling me he would be sick if he had cancer but thats not always true but its nice to hear from other mommies that there kids are totally fine and have them.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy Due September 9 (boy); 1 child; Zimbabwe 42927 posts
6th Apr '09

Jamil and the boy I watch have one