3 month old fussy with no fever Little ol' Me Due April 8; 1 child; Texas 43 posts
30th Apr '09

My baby Noah has been fussy for the past few days, but today, he wants to be held, but still cries. I'm doing all the usual things...feeding, changing, rocking, and he is still fussy. He's a very happy baby normally and only cries when he is hungry. He had 3 bowel movements today that were hard, but thats become the norm since he's formula fed. He's not running a fever. I don't think it's his ears b/c he's not grabbing at them and he's eating normally. What's causing this fussiness? I'm holding him right now and he keeps waking up to let out a little wail and then goes back to sleep. I'm at a loss b/c I know something's wrong, I just don't know what.

Off topic: when u take the temp under the arm, do you add a degree or take one away? I have a safety kit and the instructions sayto take one away, but everyone I know says to add a degree. What is the rght way? Is it an error in the safety kit instructions?

*Amo a Mis Nenas* 3 kids; Birmingham, Alabama 8838 posts
30th Apr '09

he could be teething. that's how my 3 month old is acting.
and idk about the temp. i do rectal temp. it's most accurate.

lindseyglover 3 kids; Texas 10810 posts
30th Apr '09

colic????

Spc Oleson's Wife &hearts 2 kids; Rio, Wisconsin 1677 posts
30th Apr '09

My daughter's Pedi said to add a degree. As for his fussyness, I'm not sure. Is he starting teething? A trick that always works to make my daughter happy (shes's 4.5 months) is to take her outside. She will stop crying immediately lol.

Mama Bird of 3 3 kids; Missouri 6686 posts
30th Apr '09

i bet he is teething try to take a rectal temp thats the most accurate. if its not a fever hes probably cutting teeth and if not that maybe he has gas

~Baby Dono Mommy~ 1 child; Missouri 3566 posts
30th Apr '09

My LO is 4 months on Tuesday, and he has been like that off and on for the last week.

He's teething harcore...everything goes in the mouth, he's slobbering like there's no tomorrow...and I can see the little bumps on his bottom gums where his teeth are, although I think we may still be a few weeks away from actually cutting anything.

All I can really do is wrap him up in the moby wrap and wear him all night (he does the half wake-up and cry thing too), and then when I go to bed I nurse him to sleep. It just breaks my heart. I need to get some of those teething tablets that help with the pain.

Angela **JMM** 2 kids; New York 231 posts
30th Apr '09

I have a 3 month old doing the same thing i think hes teething...thats what the ped says anyways....or he could just b really gassy ...is he drooling at all or chewing on his hands?

Little ol' Me Due April 8; 1 child; Texas 43 posts
1st May '09

yeah, he's found his hands and prefers them to his paci, which that is what I was trying to avoid, but it makes him happy. We took him to the doc and he said colic after his flu swab came back negative. All my baby books say that if they were to get colic, it would show up by six weeks and END by 3 months. I have a suspision that he needs to take a good poop, so I put a teeny bit of baby prune food in his bottle. I don't think that a little will hurt him, right? I'm glad I'm not the only one having these 3 month problems. Hopefully it won't last long if it is colic.

And he was running a temp...99.3. If anyone has a safety first kit, check it b/c mine says to take away a degree. Crazy, huh? I'll add a degree from now on. :)

jennyfly + Kaiya Rose 3 kids; Arkansas 1649 posts
1st May '09
Quoting Little ol' Me:
~Baby Dono Mommy~ 1 child; Missouri 3566 posts
1st May '09
Quoting Little ol' Me:
Little ol' Me Due April 8; 1 child; Texas 43 posts
1st May '09

He seems to be doing a lot better since last night. I stayed home with him today to take him to the doc. He usually stays withhis daddy at our embroidery shop, so he just wanted me to stay with him I guess. :) It was nice to spend the day with him. I put him down while ago with no problem, so maybe it was a fluke. Thanks guys for the replies and good luck with yalls babies. I just love my sweet baby boy!!!