8 month old making a weird noise Jessica +2 Due September 7; 2 kids; Florida 3609 posts
19th May '09

Last time she learned how to fake coughI could tell it was fake she would laugh afterwards. Well last night she started making a noise kind of like she is clearing her throat. It sounds rough and when she does it she makes this face. Not like an i'm faking face but like a serious face. She woke up this morning and is still making this sound. Its starting to sound like she is trying to hack something up. Have any of your little ones done this and how do you tell if they are doing it for fun or if something might be wrong?

Ryloonjimama Australia 18851 posts
19th May '09

My son used to imitate my mums coughing and throat clearing all the time. He'd act so serious about it too but we knew he was faking it since he only really done it right after she'd do it.

He also tries to fake burps and sneezes lol.

Pot Quartzsite, Arizona 14734 posts
19th May '09

My son is 8 months and started that a few days ago....he smiles and will laugh when I do it back though....I probably wouldnt worry...they make lots of weird sounds. Its when they stop making sounds I think we have to worry.

[ Mallory ] 1 child; Missouri 1997 posts
19th May '09

My 8 month old does this all the time

Jessica +2 Due September 7; 2 kids; Florida 3609 posts
19th May '09
Quoting I ♥ my Ryanor:
Jessica +2 Due September 7; 2 kids; Florida 3609 posts
19th May '09
Quoting ♥teaspoon♥:
Pot Quartzsite, Arizona 14734 posts
19th May '09
Quoting Jessica ~BOSM~: