2 yr old taking diapers off and peeing everywhere xbeckaboox Saint Cloud, Minnesota 4 posts
4th Jun '09

Hi All, i'm new at all this once again, i havent been on babygaga since i was pregnant. Well My daughter will be two in september so its been a while!

Anyways the question i was going to ask, i'm dating a guy who also has a two yr old daughter. He has full custody of her and the mother has vistation kind of whenever she wants. Well, my question is, whenever Lailah (my boyfriends daughter) comes home from her mothers, shes DIRTY.. like seriouslly i had to give her 3 baths and there was a ring of dirt ever time in my tub, but my main concern is, when she comes home, she ends up ALWAYS taking her diaper off and peeing everywhere. Brian and I have to retrain her every time. Ive told brian that maybe he shouldnt be letting lailah go to her moms but we really dont have any choice. so, what do you guys think this could be from? is it like a seperate problem or, what? i personally am fearing the worst, because the mother has 5 children, and custody of none. but she gets all 5 kids the same weekends. and the oldest is 12, and is a boy. Not saying he would do anything but.. what if..?
We have even been potty training her, and shes willing to go! like she goes to the potty every 30 minutes, but she still manages to take her diapers off and pee...

She also takes MY DAUGHTERS diaper off. im just not understanding.

3 little monsters 3 kids; Olathe, Colorado 50990 posts
4th Jun '09

Lots of toddlers take their diapers off so I wouldn't worry about what your thinking. It's a normal thing for toddlers.

Monster Max and Destry's 1 child; Xenia, Ohio 6203 posts
4th Jun '09

This is sad.. If you are worried about the little girls safety at her moms, your boyfriend can go to the courts to take away the visitation, or have it supervised. To me it doesn't sound like a good situation if she comes home peeing everywhere and extremely dirty. Do what you and your boyfriend think is best.. I hope it works out..

Ninja.Baby.Maker Due September 29 (girl); 2 kids; Clearwater, Florida 6841 posts
4th Jun '09

if she's just starting to learn... transitioning from both your house where she's getting the encouragement and where you are actually making the effort to try and get her potty trained. then going to her mothers where shes most likely not trying to potty train her hence her coming back to your house peeing everywhere...

she is still so young. this could be from going back and forth between parents. new environments all of the time.

or just.. lack of parenting on her mothers part

Owen's Mommy :) 1 child; Quincy, Massachusetts 4110 posts
4th Jun '09
Quoting xbeckaboox:
Not tellin 3 kids; Montana 55983 posts
4th Jun '09

They do it especially when they are ready to potty train. Start working harder on using the big potty and by big girl panties. Send her with pull ups to her mothers if she is too lazy to properly care for her child

xilwolx 3 kids; Tulsa, OK, United States 20879 posts
4th Jun '09

yeah my two year old does that sometimes. She HATES her diaper. Problem fixed with the pull ups..that way its also easier for her to use them when she goes to the potty ...and she cant unwrap it she just pulls it down

Afloridacracker California 5327 posts
4th Jun '09

if you are suspecting any foup play at all, it is yours and your boyfriend's responsibility to report it, all you would have to do is ask her dr, she should still be being seen every 3 months. It does, however sound pretty normal to me... although if she is seriously coming home that dirty, then maybe her bottom is staying dirty there too, and that is what she does to not be in a pee pee diaper at her moms (since she is obviously doing well with potty training). Also has your bf talked to the mother about it or about potty training? b/c it's just going to confuse her even more if there is no consistancy.

xbeckaboox Saint Cloud, Minnesota 4 posts
4th Jun '09
Quoting xbeckaboox:
xbeckaboox Saint Cloud, Minnesota 4 posts
4th Jun '09

&& yes i have told brian that he needs to talk to the mother about potty training and explain what we do here, so she can do that there, and she claims that she is. so.. i dunno.
&& to answer another question, we have taken her to the doctor gotten her checked out and everything appears to be normals. But, i still .. not saying the mother or anyone at the mothers house is doing anything to lailah, because i dont believe so, but... i dunno. i guess it is a possibility i just hate to even think something like that would be going on.

The One You've Missed 16 kids; Texas 32426 posts
4th Jun '09
Quoting xbeckaboox:
The One You've Missed 16 kids; Texas 32426 posts
4th Jun '09

Also dont take everything his parents say about his ex to heart.

When I broke up with my daughters dad, they talked soooo much shit about me. About how I was a horrible mother, yadadadadada... well it seems to me like they completely forgot why we had broken up. He was smacking me around and cheating on me with different girls all the time.

user banned 1 child; Florida 521 posts
5th Jun '09

My son does that all the time lol. It's just a baby thing.

But I completely understand your concern. My son's father used to get visitation for a few hours on the weekends. But that ended when he was 4 months old because he would come home starving and still in the same diaper I sent him off with.