7 month old can't sit Detroit, MI, Canada 999 posts
26th Aug '09

hello again,

noah is almost 7 months old, and can't sit up unsupported.
he does have quite a big head lol, and he can hold his head up fine while he's on his belly. i asked my doctor and she said he should be sitting up by now...
i've been getting him to sit up with support to try to strengthen his muscles but he doesn't like it much.

my sister was the same way when she was a baby, her head was too big for her to support at 7 months.

should i be worried?
is anyone else going through this?

user banned Germany 7383 posts
26th Aug '09

Hmm. I'm wondering if it could be a spinal issue? I've never heard of a baby that couldn't sit up at 7 months.

user banned 3 kids; Texas 26201 posts
26th Aug '09
Quoting taylorjade♥noah:
Baby Shaker 18 kids; Florida 6187 posts
26th Aug '09

My daughter was unable to sit up by herself at 7 months. She was diagnosed with torticollis at around the same time, and they said it can delay her milestones.

Dest ♥ [EP pro] 33 kids; Goose Creek, South Carolina 13392 posts
26th Aug '09
Quoting taylorjade♥noah:
Butt Wipper 1 child; California 4497 posts
26th Aug '09
Quoting Emma
Future Mrs. Vild 1 child; Northfield, Ohio 4848 posts
26th Aug '09

I have read on here a few babies who started around 9-10 months. I am not sure if it was a concern or just the child learning at a different rate. Maybe get a second opinion from a diff doc?

Gray&Cohen's mum 2 kids; Louisville, Kentucky 6334 posts
26th Aug '09

grayson didnt sit up until he started crawling & that was around 7 1/2 mos

Dirty Queef Due November 11 (boy); 2 kids; Muff, Ireland 30812 posts
26th Aug '09

At Sophias 6 month appointment she wasnt sitting up and the pediatrician made me worry and said not to sit her in an excersaucer or jumper or anything. She started sitting up on her own the day after but I was worried. I would call the pediatrician and ask her questions about it.

CharlieCompany 1 child; Peoria, Illinois 10209 posts
26th Aug '09
Quoting DesignMineBoutique:
Baby Shaker 18 kids; Florida 6187 posts
26th Aug '09
Quoting CharlieCompany: