38 weeks and very low fetal movement =/ Good Lawd! *FFMB* 2 kids; Atlanta, Georgia 2871 posts
3rd Sep '09

hey girls,
so i'm near the end of the pregnancy run (38 weeks)and minus a few issues so far so good for the time being... except for today. last night my little guy was wiggling and squirming all over the place. now today he's barely been moving. i've had donuts, brownies, juice, regular food, and a protein shake but nothing seems to get him going. he's moved, yes, but it's been to a major minimum today. should i go to L&D to get checked? i don't want to alarm anyone, but i don't want my little man to be tangled up and in distress. anyone else have this problem?

thanks ladies

♥ ♥ 2 kids; Stevensville, Michigan 6993 posts
3rd Sep '09

I would go. Your baby could be in distress.

Squeaky McGee 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Indiana 63812 posts
status 3rd Sep '09

It's normal for them to move less as you get closer to your due date, at least that is what my doctor says. My little girl has also been moving less. She is just running out of room.

ღLoяi!ღ 33 kids; 2 angel babies; New Mexico 919 posts
3rd Sep '09

better safe than sorry but my LO is like that all the time, he has his times where he's a comlete crazy baby and then he's just lazy. I heard its normal but if your worried then do what your gut tells you. Good luck mama!

Snow 1 child; Storybrooke, ME, United States 34011 posts
3rd Sep '09
Quoting Makhi is on the way!:
~~~Proud momma of 3~~~ 3 kids; Georgia 1819 posts
3rd Sep '09

If she didn't move after eating that in two hours then yes you do need to go in. Atleast that is what my book says :) I never play around while pregnant you never know what is going on in there. I will say it is normal for the baby to not move as much, but still should move around. There just isn't much room in there, but still after that sugar she should have moved a little within the two hours :)

Good Lawd! *FFMB* 2 kids; Atlanta, Georgia 2871 posts
3rd Sep '09
Quoting Aidenbugs Mama:
3rd Sep '09

he's been really busy my entire pregnancy. i know they'll move less and less, but going from a super busy day yesterday to hardly any movement today is what has me concerned. i had that brownie like 30 minutes ago and he's barely flinching... :(. i'll try the cold sugary drink and see if that helps. thanks for the help girls!

3rd Sep '09
Quoting Matthew's Mommy(♥):
ღLoяi!ღ 33 kids; 2 angel babies; New Mexico 919 posts
3rd Sep '09
Quoting Makhi is on the way!:
3rd Sep '09
Quoting Aidenbugs Mama:
3rd Sep '09

thank you again girls! the Mountain Dew and tons of ice did the trick! now i have my little wiggle worm back :P.