36 week growth scan, possible induction next week Myheartiscomplete 1 child; Allentown, Pennsylvania 1021 posts
11th Sep '09

So I wasnt sure where to post this, just thought I'd give those who care a little update....

I went for my 36 week growth scan today (for her 2 vessel cord) and unfortunately she just isn't growing at the rate they'd like to see her, in the past 4 weeks she's only gained about 1 1/2 pounds- putting her at an ESTIMATED weight of 5 1/2 pounds. The doctor then hooked me up to the fetal stress test to monitor her, found out I was having contractions (which I never felt)....So we made the conclusion that next week I'll come back for another stress test, my reg. ob appt on wed. and on friday another growth scan. Unless she has a major growth spurt next week they will admit me next friday and start an induction.

Uh-Nis-Uh [EBF] 2 kids; West Virginia 15190 posts
11th Sep '09

37 weeks is NOT full term. It's TERM, and IMHO your doctor inducing you that early doesn't make a bit of sense.

Puff the magic dragon 2 kids; Kitchener, Ontario 13479 posts
11th Sep '09

wow!!

Well i hope everything goes okay, and soon you will be holding your little baby!
That's exciting!

Good luck :)

*J* 50 kids; 14412 posts
11th Sep '09
Quoting SquishyFace[36weeks]:
Puff the magic dragon 2 kids; Kitchener, Ontario 13479 posts
11th Sep '09
Quoting adrian's_mommy [TSB]:
Signing Off........ Pennsylvania 21507 posts
11th Sep '09

HUGS!

sometimes it really is better for them on the outside if they are not thriving on the inside.

and hey my LO was only 6 lbs 4 oz and she was born at 40 weeks.

I hope all goes well for the both of you.

11th Sep '09
Quoting aLex.♥☠:
OneNuttyMama of 5 5 kids; Las Vegas, Nevada 2371 posts
11th Sep '09

Inductions go better if done earlier in the day to follow a more natural pattern with Labor. It takes less time for it to work. Least this is what all my doctor's told me.
37 weeks is considered a Full term pregnancy. Any earlier and the lungs would not be developed enough. They prefer to keep the baby in to 37 at the earliest. All three of my girls were born at 37 weeks and considered Full Term.

Shelby0705 17 kids; Hicksville, Ohio 812 posts
11th Sep '09
Doodlebuggy 3 kids; Franklin, New Hampshire 14934 posts
11th Sep '09
Cassi♥DLKA♥ 4 kids; Victoria, Texas 23081 posts
11th Sep '09
Doodlebuggy 3 kids; Franklin, New Hampshire 14934 posts
11th Sep '09
Ceanna+Jeff+3 3 kids; California 10531 posts
11th Sep '09

I really hope everything works out!! You just have to do what is best for the baby.

11th Sep '09
Quoting gonna git cha:
Myheartiscomplete 1 child; Allentown, Pennsylvania 1021 posts
11th Sep '09

thanks for the advice and encouragement ladies...

The way he described it was-