My 14 month old has a 103.4 fever. At first there was no other symptoms besides the runny nose she's had for a week or so now and a little crabby but nothing new. This morning we were playing outside and she was acting normal then I started feeling her warm, took her temperature rectally and it was 103.4! I called the doctor and she said I could wait until tomorrow morning to bring her in and to give her a warm bath to lower the temp and make sure she's getting her fluids. I did the bath and it lowered it to 103.1. She NEVER drinks juice but she wasn't drinking her water today so I've given her 2 sippy cups full of very diluted juice and she's drank it both up. She's eaten a banana, some fake chicken, chickpeas, crackers, pancakes, and toast today so she's eating alright. I put in a movie and cuddled with her to make her rest and it seems like she's having difficulty breathing and I even saw her get the chills and right now she's got goosebumps but her body is burning up to touch. Do you still think its ok to wait until tomorrow or should I call the pedi back and pay the extra to get her seen today?
Did you try tylenol? You can rotate motrin and tylenol every 2 hours.
with a 103 temp i'd think they would want to see her right away! maybe call the hospital and tell them her temp and see what they say
if it doesnt go down i would take her in..did you give her motrin? motrin works very well..popsicles, cool drinks and cool baths....thats what i did for my son when he had a bad fever
yeah if it doesnt go down i would take her to er!
My son was sick a couple weeks ago, temp of 103.8 and they had me come in right away.
Have you given her any fever reducer?
I wouldnt wait...thats a high temp!
my mom is out getting us motrin right now. How long should i wait after i give it to her to see if it goes down .. that didnt make since. shit her temp is 103.8 now. i'm calling the doc again and asking to bring her in. they do after hour care for extra and id rather take her there than the er
Last night my 7 month old son had a temp of 103.5 I called the doc and he said it was nothing they could really do he probably has the flu then in less than an hour it went up to 104.5 so I called back and he said take him to the ER. It was a HUGE waste of 7 hours of time. They didn't do anything for my baby, they checked his temp in triage and it was 105 and they gave him motrin which I had at home but he was due for it and gave him an X-ray of his chest to make sure no pneumonia (sp?) then when it came back clear they sent us home. I was so pissed they didn't even swab him. Besides all that they kept calling him a girl which he was wearing blue and they were calling him Rose instead of his first name Orlon I was getting so upset they didn't know what they were doing because the computers went down due to daylight savings time but I'm like damn we've been changing the clocks for over a hundred years and you still can't get it right. Sorry I vented on your question.
we just did motrin and in 1 hr if it hasnt went down we are going to call the ped. back and go in. i'm trying to avoid the stupid e.r. people : (