Reply
Accidently drank hydrogen peroxide... Midnight 1 child; Omaha, Nebraska 338 posts
4th Jan '10

I'm not pregnant...



I had no idea where to ask this and the only info google gives me is for those who drank a lot of it...



I was cleaning the fever blister wounds on my lips and accidently got maybe about a teaspoons worth of hydrogen peroxide in my mouth and drank it before i realized what had happened...



I dont have medical insurance due to some issues at the moment. So I cant call a doctor.



But it was just a teaspoons worth since i had the stuff on a cotton ball and i dont put a lot of it on.



Will I be okay?



Sorry if this seems stupid...>_<

Fierce Mama 1 child; Houston, Texas 74725 posts
4th Jan '10

Call poison control right away!

♥ Dizzy Lizzy ϖ TTC since Dec 2010; 2 kids; Connecticut 38424 posts
4th Jan '10

I would call poison control just in case. You never know.

No longer here at BG California 3488 posts
4th Jan '10
Quoting Midnight:
MomOfThreeBoys 2 kids; Dayton, Ohio 5097 posts
4th Jan '10

Call poison control they can tell ya. I think you'll be fine though.

Mrs. Post-tato Head 4 kids; 1 angel baby; 6828 posts
4th Jan '10

You can call Poison Control w/o insurance.

New Chapter in Life 33 kids; 3656 posts
4th Jan '10

when i was a vet tech we used to give that to dogs to make them vomit, im sure you'll be just fine.

my name is kat 3 kids; South Salem, Ohio 998 posts
4th Jan '10

just drink some other stuff to dilute it...

Emily Dickinson 18 kids; Indiana 57849 posts
4th Jan '10

Honestly, I don't think its that big of a deal.

I used to swish hydrogen peroxide in my mouth (to clean my teeth) and sometimes, I'd be gargling and accidentally swallow a bit. It made my stomach hurt a little bit (if it was alot) but other than that, I was fine.

user banned 1 child; Massachusetts 6935 posts
4th Jan '10

your absolutely fine...people rinse their mouth with hydrogen peroxide everyday..it helps whiten your teeth..its in tooth paste lol. Your good..just dont go drinking anymore of it might give yourself a belly ache.

♥ Dizzy Lizzy ϖ TTC since Dec 2010; 2 kids; Connecticut 38424 posts
4th Jan '10
Quoting MommyRust:
Dragon Queen Salem, OR, United States 9911 posts
4th Jan '10
Quoting MommyRust:
user banned 1 child; Massachusetts 6935 posts
4th Jan '10
Quoting Krisssstina:):
user banned 1 child; Massachusetts 6935 posts
4th Jan '10

oops posted twice...

Midnight 1 child; Omaha, Nebraska 338 posts
4th Jan '10

Alright, got a hold of fiance since he used to be a ems. He said I should be fine and gave me the number to poison control to check.



The woman said I'll have a bit of a stomach ache and possibly some vomiting depending on how much I drank. She said its not completely toxic since its only 3%. She said to drink water and call back if there are any changes.



I figured I'd share this in case any kids or moms ingest it.



She said that if one drank to much that it can be fatal so to be careful when in use.



Thanks mamas.