41 Weeks & Still Pregnant ..Vanessa.. 2 kids; New Mexico 7796 posts
5th Jan '10

Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

I'm so miserable, scared, and anxious that I pretty much can't handle it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful that my baby made it to 40 weeks and them some but I haven't had very many signs that she's going to come on her own and I'm starting to get worried and discouraged. I had some pretty intense contractions 2 nights ago and 3 nights ago, but only about 2 per hour for 5 or 6 hours. I know that's not enough to get me admitted so I didn't even bother to call the doctor or go into L & D. I rarely have a contraction during the day and I didn't have a single one last night. Which is good I suppose because I actually got some sleep. I'm really worried because I've read that after 41 weeks amniotic fluid levels drop and the risk of stillbirth rises. "What To Expect When You're Expecting" suggests that after 40 weeks,doctors should monitor babies with non stress tests and amniotic fluid level tests, but my doctors don't seem the least bit concerned that I'm a week past my due date. I'm also afraid that my baby might get too large resulting in a c-section. And I've also heard that being induced(if I have to be) can raise the risk of needing a c-section. Which would be fine if that is what's best for my baby but if I can avoid it, I will. I've had a loss of appetite in the past few weeks, all I want to do is drink water. I rarely eat anything. And I've noticed a decrease in her movements, but my doctors just attribute that to lack of room. Which very well could be the case because I've had a very healthy pregnancy and her heartbeat has been strong at every visit so I guess these little things that are going on are really no cause for concern to the doctors. But I still think a drop in movements at any point should be a little worrisome. My back hurts, my legs hurt, my feet hurt. I can't lay down. I can't sit up. I can't walk. I can't breathe. I have to pee every 3 minutes. I'm just so ready for this to be over with. I know women carry babies to 42 weeks all the time with no problems but I never thought I would be one of them. My next appointment is in 2 days and assuming that everything is still good, I won't be allowed to be induced until I actually reach 42 weeks. If there are any problems then I assume they will decide to induce earlier. Not that I want to experience any problems in order to get her our sooner, but I'm really, really ready to get this baby out of me. Sorry this ended up being so long and random, but thank you to those who read it. I guess I'm just looking for some words of encouragement(even if you have to lie to me). I just need to hear that I will be fine and my baby will be fine and that I will not be pregnant forever. Oh, and I hope all you momma's are doing well!

Happy Ipster Washington, D.C., District of Columbia 22228 posts
5th Jan '10

EDDs can be off by 2 weeks...so there's a chance you're really just 39 weeks preggers! :D

Car♥lina & [ALEXA] 1 child; New York 3806 posts
5th Jan '10

that sucks that your doctor would let you go this long! lots of labor dust your way***

OGDirtyLurker 3 kids; Ada, Oklahoma 35200 posts
5th Jan '10

try lots of walking and sex. other than that I dont know how to help you out.

Signing Off........ Pennsylvania 21507 posts
5th Jan '10
Quoting {ERF} Mom of a Genius:
Mama Rice 34 kids; North Las Vegas, Nevada 11980 posts
5th Jan '10

I was 42 weeks when they induced me. The dr didn't seem worried, they just had me come in every week until the induction. The dr shouldn't let you go past 42 weeks, the only concern is if they poop inside of you. They checked to make sure that she didn't when they broke my water. I know you must be miserable, walk around, do whatever you need to do to induce labor on your own. Otherwise it should be no time before the dr induces you.

chinese chicken. 3 kids; Arkansas 10981 posts
5th Jan '10

I'd much rather read about a momma tired of being pregnant at 41 weeks, thanat 36 weeks. :D
I hope your little one comes soon. Just try to relax as much as possible. Have you tried sitting/laying in a recliner? That's the only way I was comfortable with my son.

Bangarang 10 kids; Muthafuckin, GA, United States 26792 posts
5th Jan '10

i feel the same way. i was "originally" due on your due date and she measures for that date and i'm still here waiting. i wish i was still working because i was actually making progress while i was. after i went on leave my barely fingertip dilated went back down to zeeeeero. i was having more contractions before i was due than i have been now and everything is uncomfortable. we need labor dust!

..Vanessa.. 2 kids; New Mexico 7796 posts
5th Jan '10
Quoting {ERF} Mom of a Genius:
GlowingTamra#2 Due September 5 (girl); 17 kids; Pennsylvania 12835 posts
5th Jan '10

*Hugs*

I was there 1 year ago today..Except I was 2 weeks overdue..

Youwill be ok:)..Enjoy the time you have to yourself.

5th Jan '10
Quoting *E*pic Dirty Lurker:
.nnnb British Columbia 18155 posts
5th Jan '10
Quoting Vanessa's Having A Baby!!:
5th Jan '10
Quoting H♥D:
Indigo [ebfb] 3 kids; New Zealand 407 posts
5th Jan '10

Aw, I feel for you.. I've been there and it's no fun!!
Your baby will be here VERY soon and then I promise it will make no difference to you that you were late, early or whatever; It will just be what it will be. and you'll have your beautiful babe.
I'm sure your bub will be fine.. it's pretty normal to go overdue, especially with your first and trust me.. it's so much better to deliver when your baby is ready than to be induced! If you're really worried then yes, do ask to be checked, but remember movements slow down just before labour too!
Sending you loads of labour dust!!

Good luck momma

.nnnb British Columbia 18155 posts
5th Jan '10
Quoting Vanessa's Having A Baby!!: