50% effaced but not dilated Miracle Mommy Magen 2 kids; 3 angel babies; Irving, Texas 525 posts
6th Jan '10

So I went for my 35 week check up today and the Dr said I'm 50% effaced and the baby is head down engaged in the canal (not floating away when she felt it). But no dilation yet... She said this is normal for a second pregnancy but since my first son was stillborn I didn't have any signs of labor really so I don't know what to expect. Anybody else been at this stage and when did you go into labor? I've been having sharp pains in my vagina and uterus and he's really balled up and tight... Could I have him early? Im due Feb 7th...

user banned 1 child; Virginia 34580 posts
6th Jan '10

being dilated or not doesn't mean you'll go into labor any sooner. I was 1cm and 100% effaced and only dilated to 4 on my own, and that was like 6 hours into labor. and at 41 weeks.

deleted name 1 child; Illinois 1626 posts
6th Jan '10
Quoting pregmeg06:
Jessica{EBF} Everett, Washington 5969 posts
6th Jan '10

You could go into labor at anytime. Being dilated or effaced doesn't mean it will happen any sooner. Your probably having BH's or your LO is just moving. Sometimes when mine moves it feels like a BH.

Cutie. Due June 16; 2 kids; Perth Amboy, New Jersey 2522 posts
6th Jan '10
Quoting pregmeg06:
Pooperdoodle's Mom 19 kids; Maryland 781 posts
8th Jan '10
Quoting pregmeg06: