www.babygaga.com

13Small Disk Batteries

These are a scary thing if eaten by a baby or child. They have acid in them like any battery. That acid can burn through the child's esophagus and cause great harm and pain. Please, please keep these out of reach of babies and toddlers. There are many

devices that contain these small batteries so let's review them just in order to have an idea of what to check on. They are found in watches and hearing aids. Camera batteries can also be quite small and may need to be secured in order to keep from being swallowed. If you are wondering the time it can take for the battery to burn through, according to Dr. Karthik Balakrishnan, a pediatric ear, nose, and throat specialist it can take as little as two hours for it to happen. This sadly has been a common item for children to swallow.

Cotton Swab

This seems like it wouldn't be that big of a deal. They eat cotton candy, so you can also kind of understand the thought process of the cotton swab going in their mouth to eat. In some instances it can be dangerous though. There is an actual museum which is made up of artifacts that were retrieved from children. They children had attempted to eat things and they had to be taken back out by doctors. They are now cataloged and displayed in a museum. One such object there is a cotton swab that was taken from a child's windpipe in 1944. Can you imagine being that boy or his parents? Wouldn't you love to take them to that museum? "Hey, remember that time i caught you eating that cotton swab?" "Oh you don't? Let's go check out the museum that they had to build to keep all the things kids swallow."

Next 12 Lip Balm

More in Incredible