Over in Jacksonville, Florida, one mom is facing somelegal trouble for doing nothing while her child behaved in a terrible manner.
Cori E. Ward, 30, was recently arrested and charged for one count of tampering with a consumer product without regard for possible death or injury. She appeared in court a couple of days later before a judge regarding the pending charge. Her bail has been set for $2500, and there are conditions attached to it. Ward is to stay off social media for the time being, and have absolutely no contact with the All Kids and Families Medical Center in Jacksonville- the place where the crime was committed.
According to reports, Ward was at the medical center in qustion with her 10-year old daughter. While inside the examination room waiting for their doctor, they noticed a "PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH MEDICAL SUPPLIES! THANK YOU!" sign above the container of tongue depressors. Ward then filmed a video of her daughter grabbing a tongue depressor, licked it, and then put it back inside the container. The caption included read, "Don’t tell me how to live my life." The video was uploaded to Snapchat, and then later posted on Facebook. However, it's since been taken down.
On the sitution, the All Kids and Families Medical Center released a statement saying, "immediately removed all materials and containers” from the examination room and sanitized the entire facility." They have not made anymore comments on the matter since.
As for Ward, she continues to insist that her daughter's actions weren't part of any licking challenges of sorts.
"The video doesn’t show that the items were thrown away or anything else that happened. I posted this on my personal Snapchat with my 20-something friends, where someone allowed another person to view it," she explained. "I didn’t post it on Facebook or YouTube as a challenge or whatever."
With people recently licking ice cream in grocery stores and other items on-camera as part of social media challenges, this was a definite possibility. But Ward's insistence that this isn't true hints that this was just a stupid decision made by a careless parent. Hopefully, Ward learned her lesson to never let her daughter do a similar thing ever again.