Easter is just over a week away! If you’re like me, you’ve just started to think about building an Easter basket for your toddlers. My family has already spoiled both of my kids with an early celebration - we even had an Easter Egg hunt! Here’s my philosophy: Easter baskets don’t need to be expensive or luxurious. They’re a simple gesture to treat your children to new toys. As the seasons change, so do the “cool” trendy toys. Plus, babies go through developmental stages. New toys can help them develop skills like crawling and walking. Here’s how to build an age-appropriate Easter basket!
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
Newborn Easter Gifts
- Add a cute swaddle to soothe the new baby. Maybe you can find one covered with “spring chicks”!
- While the older kids enjoy their Easter Eggs, the baby can gnaw on their teething egg. This award-winner is perfect for new babies!
- Nighttime is always more sweet with a bedtime story. Choose an Easter-themed book like Where are Baby’s Easter Eggs? by Karen Katz.
6 Month Easter Gifts
- Snuggle up to your favorite Easter bunny with a bunny-eared pajama set!
- Encourage crawling with the Skip Hop Explore & More Follow-Bee Crawl Toy!
- Begin teaching your little one animal names and sounds with a farm-themed playset.
12 Month Easter Gifts
- Celebrate the new toddler’s independence by graduating them to a sippy cup. This weighted straw cup is my favorite!
- Splurge on a set of musical instruments to encourage rhythm and creativity.
- An Easter classic, your toddler will love chunky wooden puzzles in their favorite theme. We bought a set of Easter bunny puzzles for my one-year-old.
18 Month Easter Gifts
- Encourage gross motor skills development with the ride-on WheelyBug toy! Bonus: they come in cute animal shapes.
- Start stacking up the Easter fun with DUPLO Blocks. These toddler-friendly Lego-like building bricks are a source of endless creativity.
- Rain boots might seem like a boring, practical gift. But think about it: you’re encouraging your little one to get outside and splash around on a rainy day!
Two-Year-Old Toddler Easter Gifts
- Too much Easter candy is never a good thing! Offer your toddler healthy snack options with fruit leathers and real-fruit gummies.
- Push your little one to steady themselves while they push their classic Corn Popper toy!
- Our family loves WaterWow! Books from Melissa & Doug; travel-friendly and mess-free coloring fun for older toddlers!
Three-Year-Old Toddler Easter Gifts
- Start those STEM skills by graduating from DUPLO blocks to Magnatiles! These free-form tiles make building quick and easy.
- If you’re brave, toss in a few Play-Doh pots in spring colors. Say a prayer for your carpet!
- Three year olds are a new kind of “big toddler”, ready for their own big-kid open-top cup. No more sippy cups around here!
You still have time to pick up a few staples for your Easter basket! I like to do a mix of classic Easter gifts with more practical presents for my own kids. My three-year-old wants totally different toys than his one-year-old sister, so I’ve worked out my favorite toys and treats for each age. Now all I need is an excuse to steal all their Easter candy while they sleep!